當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第256期:可不傻 不易上當

迷你對話學地道口語第256期:可不傻 不易上當

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.37K 次

迷你對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第256期:可不傻 不易上當

A: Who broke the glass, Peter?

Peter,是誰打破了杯子。

B: That cat.

是貓。

A: I was not born yesterday. It must be either you or Adam.

你變不了我,不就是你就是亞當。

B: It’s me, mun, I am sorry.

是我,媽媽,對不起。

地道表達:

not born yesterday

解詞釋義:

改習語的字面意思是“不是昨天才生出來的”,常用來比喻“老於世故的”、“不容易上當的”或“一點兒也不傻”。

支持範例:

However young she is, she wans’t born yesterday.

無論她年紀對麼小,你騙不了她。

He wanted to show his associates that he was not born yesterday.

他向他的同事表示他並不是傻瓜。

He knows how to solve such a problem. He was not born yesterday.

他知道如何去處理這種問題,他可不是乳臭未乾的小孩子。

I would like to mind you I was not born yesterday.

我想提醒你,我並非是個乳臭未乾的孩子。

詞海拾貝:

either ... or... :不是......就是......,或者......或者......

Eg. When the girl is happy, she either sings or dances.

那個女孩高興時,不是唱就是跳。

Eg. Either you or I am going there tomorrow.

明天要麼你去那裏,要麼我去那裏。

Eg. You must either go at once or wait till tomorrow.

你要麼馬上走,要麼等到明天。

Eg. We can finish the work either this week or next week.

不是這星期就是下星期我們就可完成這項工作。