當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第20期:看鐘下班的人

迷你對話學地道口語第20期:看鐘下班的人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.77W 次

迷你對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第20期:看鐘下班的人

A :I didn't expect to see youat this hour. You must havegoofed offagain.

這個點無不忘看到你的。你準是開小差了。

B :Goofed off? Maybe, but I'm nota clock-watcher. I finished doing what I should do and thenknock offan hour earlier.

開小差?也許吧,可我不是老看鐘點等下班的人,我幹完了我要乾的,提前了一小時下班。

A :You'll be sorry if you the boss finds it out. He may probablygive you the bag.

讓老闆知道了,你就難受了。

B :I'm sure ofwhat I'm doing.

我知道我在做什麼。

詞海拾貝:

at this hour 此時

Here the local were always barbered at this hour on this day.

原來本地人老是在這一天這個時候這個地方理髮。

Everybody is fast asleep at this hour of the night.

夜間這個時間人人都睡熟了。

Don't worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour.

別擔心。這個時間交通很擁擠。

goof off 遊手好閒;吊兒郎當, 偷懶;不認真工作

You’ll get fired if you goof off too much at work.

如果你在上班時太偷懶,你會被開除。
The employees would goof off whenever the boss wasn't around.

只要老闆不在,僱員便偷懶。

a clock-watcher 老是看鐘等下班的人

You're a real clock-watcher!

你這個人怎麼只注意下班時間!

Because of Gordon. He's a clock-watcher so now finally we'll get him to work overtime.

因爲戈登,他是個盯著時鐘等下班的人,所以這樣就可以讓他超時工作。

knock off 停止做某事, 下班, 匆匆完成

Maybe we'd better knock off talking.

暫時就談到這裏。

They knock off one book after another.

他們很快地寫出一本又一本的書 。

When do you usually knock off work for lunch?

中午,你們一般什麼時候歇工吃飯?

My health compels me to knock off work.

我的健康情況迫使我停止工作。

an hour earlier 提前一小時

Could you make it an hour earlier?

請你提早一小時,好嗎?

We can work in the visit to town, leaving an hour earlier.

早一個鐘點動身,我們還可以到市區去看看。

give sb the bag 讓某人吃不了兜着走

If you cheat on me anymore, I will give you the bag.

如果你再欺騙我,我給你顏色看。

be sure of sth 清楚...... 確信

Can I be sure of a profit if I invest?

我要是投資,肯定能獲利嗎?

Book early if you want to be sure of a seat.

要想十拿九穩有個座位,那就早訂座。

I left a message so as to be sure of contacting her.

我留下了張條子以便與她取得聯繫。

備註:該節目迷你對話選自《脫口說英語》之習語口語大全,講解部分爲可可編輯原創。