當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(3)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(3)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.76W 次

No one told me what was going on or who had brought me to the hospital.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(3)
沒有人告訴我發生了什麼事,或是誰把我送到醫院的。

I thought they didn't know themselves.

我想可能連她們自己也不知道答案。

I could feel that the left side of my face wasn't working properly.

我可以感覺到自己左半張臉無法正常工作。

If I looked at the nurses or doctors for too long my left eye watered.

如果我盯着護士或醫生看一會兒,左眼就會流出淚水。

I didn't seem to be able to hear from my left ear and my jaw wouldn't move properly.

我的左耳聽不見,也無法順利地移動我的下顎。

I gestured to people to stand on my right.

我示意人們站在我的右側。

Then a kind lady called Dr Fiona came and gave me a white teddy bear.

之後,來了一位親切的女士——菲奧娜醫生,她送了一隻白色的泰迪熊給我。

She said I should call it Junaid and she would explain why later.

她說我可以叫它朱奈德,過後她會跟我說明緣由。

I didn't know who Junaid was so I named it Lily.

我不知道誰是朱奈德,因此我叫它莉莉。

She also brought me a pink exercise book to write in.

她還帶了一本粉紅色的筆記本,讓我可以在上面寫字。

The first two questions my pen wrote were, 'Why have I no father?' and 'My father has no money.

我用筆寫下的頭兩個問題是:“爲什麼我父親不在這裏?”和“我父親沒有錢。

Who will pay for all this?'

誰來支付我的醫療費用?”

Your father is safe,' she replied. 'He is in Pakistan. Don't worry about payment.'

“你的父親很安全,”她回答,“他人在巴基斯坦。關於醫療費用的問題,你也不用操心。”

I repeated the questions to anyone who came in. They all said the same.

我用同樣的問題詢問每一個進來的人,他們的答案都一樣。

But I was not convinced.

但他們說服不了我。