當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第105期:Food for Thought 引人深思

一分鐘英語 第105期:Food for Thought 引人深思

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.52K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目。

When you hear this American idiom, are people just talking about eating, or something else? Food for Thought

當你聽到人們在說這個美國習語的時候,你會認爲他們談論的是食物嗎?還是別的東西?引人深思

How did you like that book I gave you to read? Did you finish it?

你覺得我給你的那本書怎麼樣?你讀完了嗎?

Oh, yeah! No, I loved it! It really gave me food for thought!

太棒了!還沒有,我愛極了!這本書真的讓我深思!

I learned so much about gambling.

我瞭解到了很多關於賭博的東西。

一分鐘英語 第105期:Food for Thought 引人深思

Food for Thought. It means to think carefully about something.

引人深思。這個短語表示認真的思索某事。

How did someone dream up this saying?

爲什麼有人會創造出這個習語呢?

Well, just like the mouth chews on food, people say the mind can chew on thoughts.

就像嘴巴嚼食物一樣,人們認爲大腦也可以咀嚼思想。

Something that gives you food for thought makes you think.

帶給你精神食糧的東西會讓你思考。

It can be used casually, or in a business conversation.

它可以用在非正式場合,或用在商業對話中。

This idiom has been around a long time, for about 200 years.

這個習語已經存在了很長時間,大概有200年了。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》。