當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第827期:電視機

英語口語練習小對話 第827期:電視機

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.62W 次

Subject : He was too devoted to the boob tube.

英語口語練習小對話 第827期:電視機

第一, 迷你對話

A: Where is your boyfriend? Why didn’t he come?

你的男朋友呢?他爲什麼沒來?

B: He was too devoted to the boob tube.

他太沉迷於電視了。

第二, 地道表達

boob tube

1. 解詞釋義

Boob tube是指 “電視機”,相當於Television。Tube是“電子管”的意思,剛發明出來的電視機使用真空管,美國人在就時候就稱呼電視機爲tube。Boob是“笨蛋”的意思,剛發明電視機的時候,電視節目非常枯燥,只有笨蛋纔去看電視。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. Your boob tube is on its last legs.

你的電視機快報銷了。

e.g. Uh , oh, I can kiss my boob tube goodbye.

啊呀, 那我的電視機可要保不住了。

e.g. You spend too much time in front of the boob tube.

你花在看電視上的時間太多了。

e.g. All he ever does anymore is sitting in front of the boob tube and drinking beer.

他只知道坐在電視機前喝酒。

第三, 咬文嚼字

be devoted to:專心於……,獻身於……,致力於……

e.g. She was devoted to him, but she no longer loved him madly.

她一心一意地愛他,但是這份愛不再瘋狂。

e.g. He was single-mindedly devoted to the hastening of freedom for the oppressed.

他一心一意致力於早日讓被壓迫者獲得自由

e.g. Five whole pages of script were devoted to rubbishing her political opponents.

整整5頁講稿都是對她的政敵的詆譭。

e.g. I have personally been devoted to this cause for many years.

多年來我個人一直一心撲在這項事業上。