當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第期:激勵某人

迷你對話學地道口語第期:激勵某人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.38W 次

Dialogue:

迷你對話學地道口語第期:激勵某人

A: My son gets nervous about his final examination.

兒子非常擔心他的期末考試。

B: Why? He is the top student in his class, isn't he?

爲什麼?難道他不是班上的尖子生嗎?

A: Yeah. But he wants to win the first place this term.

是的,但他想贏得第一名。

B: He's full of ambition. You should push him on that.

他真是好有雄心,你應該鼓勵他。

一, 詞海拾貝

push on

exp. To move or propel someone or something ahead. (使某物前進,激勵某人前進,鼓勵某人前

e.g. He did not want to go in with me, but I pushed him on forward.

他不想和我進去,但我推着他往前走。

e.g. She paused for a moment to rest, and then pushed the baby stroller on.

她停下來休息了一會兒,然後推着嬰兒車前進。

e.g. Frost did all he could to push his idle son on.

Frost盡力促使他遊手好閒的兒子有所長進。

二, 語彙積累

1. be nervous about:因……緊張

e.g. Don't be nervous about me; I'll worry along somehow.

不要爲我擔心,我將設法熬過去。

e.g. The poor thing is always so nervous about what you think of her husband.

可憐的事情是:她時刻都在緊張地擔心着你對她丈夫的看法。

e.g. I feel nervous about hosting a live programme like this.

主持這樣的電視直播節目我覺得非常緊張。

2. top student:尖子生

e.g. Our teacher was a top student when he was at university.

我們的老師在讀大學時是尖子生。

e.g. She's the top student at her school.

她在她學校是頂尖級的學生了。

3. win the first place:獲得第一名

e.g. Hearing Mary win the first place finally, we all jumped with joy.

聽到Mary最後獲得了第一名,我們都高興得跳起來了。

e.g. We were very honored to win first place in the women's team tug-of-war competition.

我們榮獲女子拔河團體賽第一名。

4. full of ambition:滿懷報負,胸懷大志,野心勃勃

e.g. If we do not know ourselves to be full of pride, ambition, lust, weakness, misery, and injustice, we are indeed blind.

如果我們沒有認識自己充滿着高傲、野心慾念、脆弱、可悲和不義,那麼我們的確是瞎子。

e.g. A native of Suzhou, she was reputedly born to distinguished parents. She is said to be a rare beauty, well-educated and full of ambition.

據傳她是蘇州人,出身名門且姿色傾城,博覽羣書且胸懷大志。