當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第期:笑話某人,取笑某人

迷你對話學地道口語第期:笑話某人,取笑某人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.78K 次

Dialogue:

迷你對話學地道口語第期:笑話某人,取笑某人

A: Your handwriting is beautiful. It's really unique!

你的字寫得真漂亮,非常獨特。

B: You must be pulling my legs.

你一定在開我的玩笑。

A: Really. You have improved a lot on your handwriting.

是真的,你的書法進步不少。

B: I know, I know. I'm keeping on practice, actually.

我知道,實際上我一直在堅持練習。

一, 詞彙拾貝

pull one’s leg

exp. To tease or joke with someone. (笑話某人,取笑某人

e.g. Quit pulling my leg, I know there isn't a Hollywood director calling me right now.

別逗我了,我知道現在沒有一個好萊塢導演打電話給我。

e.g. I love pulling my sister's leg—it's almost too easy to annoy her.

我喜歡開我姐姐的玩笑——每次惹她,她差不多每次都生氣。

e.g. Michael and Derek are good friends but they like to pull each other's leg sometimes.

Michael和Derek克是好朋友,但有的時候喜歡開對方的玩笑。

二, 語彙積累

keep on something:堅持做某事

e.g. How am I to work if you keep on chattering?

象你這樣絮絮叼叼地沒個完,叫我怎麼工作下去呢?

e.g. You'll soon go to pieces if you keep on working like that.

如果你繼續那樣工作的話,很快就會垮下來。

e.g. There would be vermin in many New York buildings if the landlords didn't keep on the lookout for them.

紐約很多房子裏會有蟲鼠之類的,若是房東不堅持照管它們。