當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第945期:掛個電話

迷你對話學地道口語第945期:掛個電話

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.53W 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 150.23%;">迷你對話學地道口語第945期:掛個電話

A: Will you give your friends a Buzz and put out a feeler to see if they like to offer me a loan?

給你的朋友打個電話,看看他能否給我貸點款?

B: Give them a buzz? What can I say to them? Say that you want a loan?

給他們打電話?說什麼呢?說你想貸款?

A: I just want to make sure that there is possibility of giving us a loan.

我就是想看看有沒有這個可能。

B: And they, too, want to make sure their loan is worthwhile.

她們也要確認這個值不值得做。

第二, 地道表達

give someone a buzz

1. 解詞釋義

Give someone a buzz 的意思是“給某人掛個電話”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. Give me a Buzz before coming so that you won't come to a locked door.

在來這前請先給我掛個電話,以免讓你撲空。

e.g. Give me a buzz and tell me as soon as you've got the what's what.

如果你弄清楚了事情的真相就馬上打電話告訴我。

e.g. Anybody doubts you, give me a buzz on the phone, I'll straighten them right out.

誰要是懷疑你,你就給我打電話,我保證給你把問題澄清。

e.g. Why didn't you give me a buzz in Thursday and we'd have dinner before you went.

你何不星期四打電話給我,讓我們在你走之前一起吃頓飯。

第三, 咬文嚼字

put out a feeler:(用語言和行動)試探別人的反應

e.g. The chairman put out a feeler to see people's reactions to his election speech.

主席謹慎地試探人們對他的競選演說的反應。

e.g. After five minutes like this, Mary could hold out no longer, and decided to put out a feeler.

大約五分鐘過去了,Mary 再也捱不下,決定先說幾句試探的話。