The english we speak(BBC教學)第122期:Get lost 走開
Rob: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak. I'm Rob.
羅布:大家好,歡迎收看地道英語節目。我是羅布。Helen: And hello, I'm Helen. And today we've decided to come outside for a walk in the beautiful English countryside.
海倫:大家好,我是海倫。今天我們決定外出,在英國美麗的鄉村散步。Rob: Mmmm, smell the wonderful fresh air. Isn't it great to be outdoors?
羅布:嗯,呼吸一下這清新的空氣。在戶外做節目是不是很棒?
Helen: Oh, well it was…but not now it's raining. Come on Rob, I think we should head back.
海倫:剛纔是,可是現在正在下雨。羅布,快點,我想我們得回去了。Rob: Hold on Helen. Not that way! According to the map, it's this way…
羅布:海倫,等等。不是那條路!地圖上是這條路……Helen: Rob, you're always wrong. Just follow me but hurry up; we're getting wet.
海倫:羅布,你總是錯的。你只要跟着我就行了,快點。我們要淋溼了。Rob: Oh, get lost!
羅布:哦,走開!Helen: Get lost? We are lost!
海倫:迷路了?我們迷路了!Rob: No Helen–get lost–I mean go away, leave me alone. Don't tell me the way to go.
羅布:不是,海倫,get lost的意思是走開,讓我自己待着。別跟我說要走哪條路。Helen: That's not a very nice thing to say.
海倫:這種話不太禮貌。Rob: Well, it's what you can say to someone if they're really annoying you. So go away, get lost!
羅布:嗯,如果某人讓你很煩,你就會他們這麼說。所以,走開,靠邊站!Helen: OK, if you say so. I'm off. See you back at the car!
海倫:好,既然你這麼說了。我就離開了。我在車上等你!Rob: I'll get there first! OK, here are some other examples of using 'get lost':
羅布:我會先到車上的!這裏還有一些這個說法的例子。I'm tired of hearing about how you know everything. Just get lost!
我對你一直說你什麼都知道感到厭煩。走開!Get lost! I'm having a break so don't disturb me.
走開!我正在休息,別打擾我。You say you climbed Mount Everest on your own?! Get lost, I don't believe you.
你說你獨自攀登了珠穆朗瑪峯?走開,我纔不相信你。Rob: Mmm, saying get lost is quite impolite so you need to be careful how you say it and who you say it to. Maybe I was a bit rude to Helen. Helen, Helen, come back…I didn't mean to be so rude.
羅布:嗯,滾開這個詞很不禮貌,所以你要對你使用的方式和對誰說這句話備加小心。也許我剛剛對海倫有點兒無禮。海倫,回來……我不是有意要這麼無禮的。Helen: …well you weren't being very nice. Anyway, I was going to come back and find you.
海倫:嗯,可是你並不友好。不管怎麼說,我會回去找你的。Rob: And why was that Helen?
羅布:海倫,爲什麼呢?Helen: Because I got lost. I needed the map!
海倫:因爲我迷路了。我需要地圖!Rob: Ha. Well, here it is. Come on follow me.
羅布:哈哈。好吧,給你地圖。來跟着我走吧。Helen: OK Rob. See you next time.
海倫:好的,羅布。下次節目再見。Both: Bye.
一起:再見。Rob: Right, it's definitely this way.
羅布:好,絕對是走這條路。Helen: Are you sure?
海倫:你確定嗎?Rob: Yes, that's what the map says.
羅布:確定,地圖上是這麼說的。Helen: Rob you've got the map upside down!
海倫:羅布,你把地圖拿反了!Rob: Oh!
羅布:天哪!重點講解:
1. get lost
滾開;走開;
eg. Get lost! Let me read this book in peace!
走開!讓我安靜地看這本書!
eg. You bet he'd give me a down payment to get lost.
他肯定會付我頭期款要我滾蛋的。
2. leave sb. alone
聽…自便;隨…去;不打擾;
eg. Let's go and leave him alone to sober up.
咱們走吧,讓他一個人清醒一下。
eg. Sarah hoped he'd take the hint and leave her alone.
薩拉希望他能明白她的意思,不來打擾她。
3. mean to do sth.
有意;故意做某事;
eg. I didn't mean to hurt you.
我無意傷害你。
eg. I didn't mean to startle you.
我不是存心要嚇唬你。
4. be tired of sth.
厭煩的;厭倦的;
eg. I am tired of all the speculation.
我厭煩了所有的推測。
eg. I was tired of being a bookkeeper.
我厭倦了當簿記員。
5. on one's own
單獨地;獨自地;獨立地;依靠自己地;
eg. From now on you can work on your own.
你從現在起可以獨立工作了。
eg. He never joins with us; he always plays on his own.
他從不和我們在一起,他總是自己單獨玩。
6. upside and down
倒置地;顛倒過來;
eg. The painting was hung upside down.
油畫掛倒了。
eg. He turned the glass upside down.
他將玻璃杯子倒置。