當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第121期:smoothie 水果奶昔

The english we speak(BBC教學)第121期:smoothie 水果奶昔

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.5W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第121期:smoothie 水果奶昔

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil.

尼爾:大家好,歡迎來到地道英語節目,我是尼爾。

Li: And I'm Li. Neil what are you drinking? Whatever it is, it sounds very refreshing.

李:我是李。尼爾你在喝什麼?不管是什麼,聽上去非常清爽。

Neil: Ah yes it is, Li. It's so fruity and refreshing.

尼爾:李,這的確很清爽。這飲料水果味濃郁,而且很清爽。

Li: What kind of juice is it?

李:這是什麼果汁?

Neil: Oh it's not juice, it's a smoothie.

尼爾:哦,這不是果汁,這是水果奶昔。

Li: A smoothie?

李:水果奶昔?

Neil: Yeah, a smoothie. The fruit is blended rather than squeezed.

尼爾:對,水果奶昔。水果是攪拌在一起而不是榨出來的。

Li: Oh I see. A smoothie is a fruit drink made from blended fruit rather than squeezed fruit.

李:我明白了。水果奶昔就是一種水果飲料,它是由各種水果攪拌而成,而不是榨果汁。

Neil: And it sometimes has ice, ice cream or yoghurt in it too. Try it Li.

尼爾:有時還可以加冰,冰淇淋或者酸奶。李,你嚐嚐。

Li: Oh thank you. Oh it's delicious.

李:哦,謝謝你。哇,真好喝。

Neil: How would you describe the texture?

尼爾:你要怎麼形容這口感?

Li: Well, it's very thick and… smooth.

李:嗯,味道濃郁又順滑。

Neil: Exactly. And that's where the name comes from.

尼爾:非常準確。這就是這種飲料得名的原因。

Li: It's called a smoothie because its texture is smooth.

李:它稱之爲smoothie是因爲它的口感很順滑。

A: Right, who wants a drink? I fancy a cup of coffee.

A:好,誰想喝飲料?我想喝杯咖啡

B: Yeah but it's way too hot for coffee. Can I have one of those smoothies?

B:好,不過現在喝咖啡太熱了。我能要一杯水果奶昔嗎?

A: Oh that's an idea. I think I'll have one too, if I have enough money.

A:這是個好主意。如果我的錢夠的話,我也想來杯水果奶昔。

Neil: Well, it's all gone now.

尼爾:都喝完了。

Li: Oh that's a shame.

李:真遺憾。

Neil: Yes… No more smoothie... Shame…

尼爾:是啊……沒有水果奶昔了……好遺憾……

Li: Oh well.

李:好吧。

Neil: (Pause) Li, have you had your hair done? It really suits you.

尼爾:(停頓)李,你去做頭髮了嗎?這髮型太適合你了。

Li: Oh thanks, Neil.

李:哦,謝謝你,尼爾。

Neil: No, really, really. It suits your face. Actually, you're looking great at the moment. I like that outfit.

尼爾:真的很適合。非常適合你的臉型。實際上,你現在看起來棒極了。我喜歡你的着裝。

Li: Oh Neil…

李:哦,尼爾……

Neil: I'd really love another smoothie, but I've just run out of money.

尼爾:我很想再喝杯水果奶昔,可是我沒錢了。

Li: Don't worry, I'll get you one.

李:別擔心,我會給你買一杯。

Neil: Oh thanks! I can be such a smoothie sometimes…

尼爾:謝謝你!看來有時我可以是這麼精明圓滑的人……

Li: Yes you can… Smoothie is not just a word for a drink.

李:對,你可以……smoothie這個詞並不僅僅是一種飲料。

Neil: That's right. It's also an adjective describing a man who can persuade people to do things for him by being charming.

尼爾:沒錯。這個詞可以用做形容詞,形容一個人善於施展魅力,甜言蜜語讓別人爲自己做事。

Li: I wondered why he was paying me so many compliments.

李:我還在想他爲什麼要這麼費勁的讚美我呢。

Neil: A smoothie for the smoothie, please Li.

尼爾:李,請給我這個精明的人買杯水果奶昔。

Li: OK, OK…

李:好,好……

重點講解:
1. rather than
而非;勝於;而不是;
eg. Her speech was memorable for its polemic rather than its substance.
她的演說之所以令人難忘,不是因其內容而是因其辯論方法。
eg. He is a man who will spoil rather than accomplish things.
他這個人成事不足,壞事有餘。
2. at the moment
此刻;目前;眼下;
eg. Something seems to be preoccupying her at the moment.
她此刻若有所思。
eg. I'm really pressed for cash at the moment.
眼下我真的缺錢。
3. run out of
用完;耗盡;
eg. He has run out of food; his children are hungry.
他家揭不開鍋了,孩子們都等着吃飯。
eg. We airfreight the shipment because our agent has run out of stork.
我們空運了這批貨物,是因爲我們的代理商已用完庫存了。