當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第120期:The creeps 毛骨悚然

The english we speak(BBC教學)第120期:The creeps 毛骨悚然

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.27K 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第120期:The creeps 毛骨悚然

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil (demonic laughter).

尼爾:大家好,歡迎來到地道英語節目。我是尼爾(惡魔般的笑聲)。

Li: And I'm Li. (scream)

李:我是李。(尖叫聲)

Neil: It's Halloween time, so we have a special, scary edition of the programme today (more demonic laughter).

尼爾:現在是萬聖節,所以我們今天準備了一期恐怖版特別節目(更多惡魔般的笑聲)。

Li: That's right. It wouldn't be Halloween without something scary for you. (More screaming).

李:沒錯。要是沒有嚇到你們,那就不算過萬聖節了。(更多的尖叫聲)

Neil: Today we want to give you the creeps!

尼爾:今天我們要嚇一嚇你們!

Li: Give them what?!

李:給他們什麼?

Neil: The creeps. To give somebody the creeps.

尼爾:驚嚇。要嚇嚇人。

Li: To give somebody the creeps. This means to make someone feel nervous or scared.

李:give somebody the creeps的意思就是讓某人感到緊張或害怕。

Neil: (More demonic laughter)

尼爾:(更多惡魔般的笑聲)

Li: Stop it Neil! You're giving me the creeps.

李:尼爾,別再笑了!你讓我心裏發毛。

Man: (whispering) What's that noise?

男:(低語)那個聲音是什麼?

Woman: What noise?

女:什麼聲音?

Man: Those footsteps… shh... listen…

男:那些腳步聲……噓……你聽……

Woman: I can't hear anything. Stop it! You're giving me the creeps.

女:我什麼都沒聽到。別說了!你讓我毛骨悚然。

Li: That man thought he could hear footsteps in the house they're in. It made the woman scared. She said 'You're giving me the creeps.'

李:那個男人認爲他聽到房子裏有腳步聲。這讓女人覺得很害怕。所以她說‘你讓我毛骨悚然。’

Neil: What gives you the creeps, Li?

尼爾:李,什麼會讓你害怕?

Li: Oh I hate horror films. Some people find them entertaining but they just scare me.

李:哦,我討厭恐怖電影。有些人認爲恐怖片很有趣,可是恐怖片讓我感到害怕。

Neil: Yeah, they always give me the creeps too.

尼爾:對,我也怕恐怖片。

Li: What else gives you the creeps, Neil?

李:尼爾,你還害怕其他的什麼嗎?

Neil: I really, really hate cockroaches. The way they disappear when you turn a light on. And the fact it's so hard to kill them. They just give me the creeps.

尼爾:我真的非常討厭蟑螂。你一開燈它們就會消失。而實際上你很難消滅它們。它們讓我心裏發毛。

Li: Oh no, I don't like cockroaches either..

李:哦不,我也不喜歡蟑螂。

Neil: Urgh… just thinking about them gives me the creeps.

尼爾:額……只是想想我都覺得心裏發慌。

Li: I'm scared of spiders! They give me the creeps.

李:我害怕蜘蛛!它們讓我很害怕。

Neil: This music gives me the creeps.

尼爾:這首歌讓我心裏發毛。

Li: Yeah and that laugh gives me the creeps (demonic laughter).

李:嗯,那個笑聲讓我害怕(惡魔般的笑聲)

Neil: That scream gives me the creeps (scream).

尼爾:這個尖叫聲讓我毛骨悚然(尖叫聲)。

重點講解:
1. give sb. the creeps
嚇人;使驚慌;使心裏發毛;
eg. I always hated that statue. It gave me the creeps.
我一直都很討厭那座雕像。它讓我心裏發毛。
eg. The nightmare gave her the creeps.
那場惡夢使她不寒而慄。
2. it's hard to do sth.
做某事很難;
eg. It's hard to pick yourself up after such a terrible shock.
經歷這樣可怕的打擊後,就很難再振奮起來了。
eg. It's hard to measure his ability when we haven't seen his work.
沒有見過他的作品,很難估計他的能力。
3. be scared of
驚恐的;恐懼的;害怕的;
eg. And they have good reason to be scared of the consequences.
而且他們也完全有理由害怕其所帶來的後果。
eg. Normally, kids are scared of darkness.
小孩子通常怕黑。