當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第12期:cut to the chase

The english we speak(BBC教學)第12期:cut to the chase

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.14K 次

Finn: Thank you for driving me to work today, Feifei. It's a nice car.

The english we speak(BBC教學)第12期:cut to the chase
芬:謝謝你開車載我來上班,菲菲。這個車很棒。

Feifei: Yeah, it's brand new.

菲菲:是,這是個新品牌。

Finn: It must have cost a lot of money. By the way, I noticed you had a meeting with the boss yesterday… and you look very happy today. Good news?

芬:它一定很貴。

Feifei: Yes, very good news. First the boss offered me …

菲菲:是的,很好的消息。首先,老闆給我提供了...

Finn: A pay rise?

芬:加薪?

Feifei: Tea. And then he offered me …

菲菲:茶。然後他給我提供了...

Finn: A promotion?

芬:升職?

Feifei: Biscuits. And then he asked me…

菲菲:餅乾。然後他問我...

Finn: He asked you if you want a post abroad?

芬:他問你想不想外派出國?

Feifei: If my chair was comfortable.

菲菲:椅子舒不舒服。

Finn: Oh, come on Feifei, Cut to the chase!

芬:哦,別這樣,菲菲,開門見山!

Feifei: Cut to the chase!? Is there anyone chasing us? Let's go faster. See if he is still behind us.

菲菲:直接追趕?有人在追我們嗎?我們走快一點。看看他是不是還在我們身後。

Finn: Slow down, Feifei! Nobody is chasing us!

芬:慢點,菲菲!沒有人追我們!

Feifei: Okay, okay!

菲菲:好的好的!

Finn: Oh. That was quite an adventure. In English, we say "cut to the chase" when we want to hear the most important piece of information; we want someone telling us something to get to the point!

芬:哦,這真的一次冒險。在英語中,我們說“開門見山”當我們希望聽到最重要的信息,我們希望話題能直入重點!

Feifei: Ah! It might come from the movies. The chase is usually the most exciting part.

菲菲:啊!這一定來自於電影。追趕經常是最激動人心的部分。

Finn: Yes. Let's hear some examples:The salesman went on and on about the computer's new features till I told him: "Cut to the chase! What is the price?"We've been going out for five years. Let's cut to the chase. Just tell me: Are you going to marry me?

芬:是的。我們來聽一些例子:銷售員一直說着電腦的新特點知道我告訴他:“開門見山!多少錢?”我們已經約會五年了。我們開門見山吧。告訴我,你想不想娶我?

Feifei: So that's what "cut to the chase" means.

菲菲:所以這就是“開門見山”的意思。

Finn: Sure. So Feifei "cut to the chase" and tell me: What did the boss offer you?

芬:對。所以,菲菲“開門見山”地告訴我:老闆給你什麼了?

Feifei: I've just told you.

菲菲:我已經告訴你了。

Finn: What? What was it?

芬:什麼?那是什麼?

Feifei: He asked me if my chair, the one by my desk, was comfortable. So I told him it wasn't. And he offered me a new chair so that I can work longer hours in comfort.

菲菲:他問我我桌子旁邊的那把椅子是不是舒服。所以我告訴他不舒服。然後他給了我一把新椅子,這樣我就可以舒服地工作更長時間了。

Finn: Is that all!?

芬:這就是全部嗎?

Feifei: Yes. I'm always complaining about my bad back.

菲菲:是的。我一直在抱怨我的後背疼。

Finn: Well. I don't have a bad back but I'm aching for a pay rise. Let's go to the office. Bye.

芬:好吧,我的背沒讓我苦惱,但我因爲加薪感到苦惱。我們去辦公室吧。再見。

Feifei: Bye.

菲菲:再見!