當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第150期:Sick 很酷的

The english we speak(BBC教學)第150期:Sick 很酷的

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.44K 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第150期:Sick 很酷的

William: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak, I'm William Kremer.

威廉:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目,我是威廉·克萊默。

Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li.

楊莉:我是楊莉。

William: Li, are you wearing make-up?

威廉:莉,你化妝了嗎?

Yang Li: Yes, do you like it? It's not too much?

楊莉:是啊,你喜歡嗎?不會太濃吧?

William: I think you look sick.

威廉:我覺得你看起來很酷。

Yang Li: What?

楊莉:什麼?

William: Sick!

威廉:很酷!

Yang Li: But I feel fine. I'm perfectly healthy.

楊莉:可是我感覺很好。我非常健康。

William: No, you don't look ill Li, you look sick!

威廉:不,莉,你看上去並不像生病,你看起來很酷!

Yang Li: Sorry I just don't get it. I'm not ill!

楊莉:抱歉,我沒明白。我沒有生病!

William: Sorry Li, I should explain. It's our expression for the day. Lots of young people in the UK use the word sick to mean cool or great.

威廉:很抱歉,莉,我來解釋一下。這是我們今天要學的表達方式。英國有許多年輕人用sick這個詞來表達酷或是很棒的意思。

Yang Li: English can be weird can't it? Sick means cool?

楊莉:英語很奇怪,不是嗎?sick竟然有酷的意思!

William: Yes, it is a bit odd. I know one teacher who was confused by this word when his student used it in a class.

威廉:對,是有點奇怪。我知道有一個老師,他的學生在課堂上使用這個詞的時候他非常困惑。

Yang Li: Really? What did they say?

楊莉:真的嗎?他們是怎麼說的?

William: Something like this:

威廉:就像這樣:

Student: Mr Griffiths!

學生:格里菲斯先生!

Teacher: Yes?

老師:什麼事?

Student: Sir, are you wearing new shoes?

學生:先生,您穿了新鞋嗎?

Teacher: Yes, I am. Why?

老師:是啊。怎麼了?

Student: Because they are sick!

學生:它們好酷啊!

Teacher: Sick?

老師:糟糕?

Student: Totally sick, sir.

學生:先生,非常酷。

Teacher: Well, young man. As you find them so terrible, how about you give me 100 Lines saying… saying…

老師:嗯,年輕人。既然你覺得它們很糟糕,那你給我抄寫一百遍怎麼樣……

Student: No, no, I like them! Sick means cool!

學生:不,不是,我很喜歡這雙鞋!sick的意思是很酷!

Teacher: First I've heard of it.

老師:我是第一次聽到這種說法。

Yang Li: Lines. Lines are a form of punishment which teachers used to give students–copying out the same sentence again and again. You never had to write lines, did you William?

楊莉:罰抄。罰抄是老師用來懲罰學生的一種方法,讓學生一遍又一遍地抄寫同一個句子。威廉,你從來沒被罰抄過,是吧?

William: Erm... Maybe I won't go into that here!

威廉:額……在這裏我就不多說了。

Yang Li: So anyway, what do I say if I really am sick?

楊莉:不管怎麼樣,要是我想說我病了要怎麼說呢?

William: I'm feeling sick. Or I'm feeling ill.

威廉:我感覺不舒服。或者說我感覺好像生病了。

Yang Li: So we can work it out from the context.

楊莉:所以我們可以通過上下文進行理解。

William: Exactly, that's it. Anyway, like I was saying I love the make-up Li. But maybe next time don't wear green eye-shadow.

威廉:沒錯。就是這樣。不管怎樣,就像我剛剛說的,莉,我喜歡你今天的化妝。不過下次不要畫綠色眼影了。

Yang Li: Why?

楊莉:爲什麼?

William: It makes you look, erm sick.

威廉:那讓你看上去像生病了。

Yang Li: Oh, I give up. Bye.

楊莉:哦,我放棄了。再見。

William: Bye.

威廉:再見。

重點講解:
1. used to do sth.
過去常常;過去曾做某事;
eg. They used to work together overseas.
他們以前一起在海外工作過。
eg. Naomi used to go to church in Granville every Sunday.
娜奧米以前每個星期天都去格蘭維爾的教堂做禮拜。
2. copy out
抄寫;謄寫;
eg. He wrote the title on the blackboard, then copied out the text sentence by sentence.
他將題目寫在黑板上,然後逐句抄下課文。
eg. 'Did he leave a phone number?' — 'Oh, yes.' She copied it out for him.
“他留電話號碼了嗎?”——“嗯,留了。”她將號碼給他抄了下來。
3. go into
描述;敘述;調查;研究;
eg. It was a private conversation and I don't want to go into details about what was said.
那是私人之間的談話,我不想透露其中的細節。
eg. He went into a long explanation of the affair.
他對那件事長篇大論地解釋起來。
4. work out
想出,得到(解決方法);解(謎);
eg. I just have that confidence that things are going to work out fine.
我就是有信心,相信事情總是能解決得很好。
eg. It took me some time to work out what was causing this.
我花了一些時間才弄清此事的起因。
5. give up
投降;認輸;放棄;
eg. They'll have to give up completely on certain of their studies.
他們將不得不徹底放棄某些研究。
eg. I would sooner give up sleep than miss my evening class.
我寧肯不睡覺也不願錯過夜校的課。