當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 看《絕望的主婦》學地道美語

看《絕望的主婦》學地道美語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.49K 次

看《絕望的主婦》學地道美語


the shock wears off, I think we'll end up good friends. 等他接受了這個事實,我們會成爲好朋友的.

Wear off就是"逐漸消失,逐漸減少"的意思ew剛剛得知自己原來有個同父異母的哥哥,感到甚爲震驚(shocked)…其實這種事情換了任何人都是一時之間難以接受的,所以這裏說是"when the shock wears off",意思就是指等某人不再感到那麼震驚的意思.

Wear off: to gradually disappear or stop 逐漸消失;消逝;逐漸停止
The effects of the drug will soon wear off. 這麻醉藥品的作用將很快消失.


flight comes in tomorrow, and I just know the two of you are really gonna Hit it off. 她明天飛過來,我知道你們倆一定會相處得非常融洽的.

Hit it off就是"投緣"的意思.

hit it off (with somebody): to have a good friendly relationship with somebody (和某人)投緣
We hit it off straight away. 我們一見如故.


看《絕望的主婦》學地道美語 第2張


I am gonna see to it that he is treated like one. 我要確保每個人都這麼想.

"see to it that..."就是"make sure that..."的意思,確保,務使.

Can you see to it that the fax goes this afternoon? 你保證今天下午就把傳真發出去,行嗎?

feels like he's on a losing streak. 他覺得自己總是在失敗.

Streak就是中文裏"手氣,運氣"的意思. 而on a losing streak就是指手氣不好,手氣背,老是輸的意思.

a streak of good luck 運氣好的一段時間
to hit(= have)a winning streak 碰上順的時候
a lucky/unlucky streak 運氣好╱不好的階段

you know, the winner gets a big party, and they can invite whoever they want, which could go a long way in helping her fit in.你知道,獲勝者將會得到一個慶祝晚會,他們想請誰就能請誰,這對於幫助她融入集體有很大作用.

"go a long way in/towards doing sth:就是對做某事幫助很大的意思.

The new law goes a long way towards solving the problem. 新的法律十分有助於解決這一問題.