當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語詩歌散文 > 大學英語六級美文晨讀精選 英語詩歌

大學英語六級美文晨讀精選 英語詩歌

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.18W 次

適合高中生閱讀寫作的美文應該是文體鮮明而又自由、靈活,短小的散文,有其內在的韻味、情趣和籠罩全篇的神韻。下面是本站小編帶來的大學英語六級晨讀美文,歡迎閱讀!

大學英語六級美文晨讀精選 英語詩歌

  大學英語六級晨讀美文精選

The World as I See It

我的世界觀

How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he sometimes thinks he senses it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people—first of all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness is wholly dependent, and then for the many, unknown to us, to whose destinies we are bound by the ties of sympathy. A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. I am strongly drawn to a frugal life and am often oppressively aware that I am engrossing an undue amount of the labor of my fellowmen. I regard class distinctions as unjustified and, in the last resort, based on force. I also believe that a simple and unassuming life is good for everybody, physically and mentally.

我們這些肉體凡胎是多麼奇怪啊!每個人來到這個世上都只作短暫停留,究竟爲了什麼目的卻無從知曉,雖然有時覺得自己好像有所感悟。但是,無需深入思考,僅從日常生活就可明白,人是爲他人而存在的——首先是爲這樣一些人:他們的歡笑、健康和福祉與我們的幸福息息相關;其次是爲那些爲數衆多的陌生人,因爲同情他們,使得我們與他們的命運聯繫在了一起。每一天,我都上百次地提醒自己,我的精神和物質生活都是建立在他人(包括生者和死者)的勞動基礎上,對於我已經得到和正在得到的一切,我必須盡力給以相同程度的回報。我深深嚮往一種儉樸的生活,由於經常意識到自己佔用了同胞太多的勞動而心有不安。我認爲階級區分是不正當的,其最終的達成方式常常訴諸暴力。我還認爲,無論是在身體上還是心理上,過一種簡單而不鋪張浪費的生活對每個人都有好處。

I do not at all believe in human freedom in the philosophical sense. Everybody acts not only under external compulsion but also in accordance with inner necessity. Schopenhauer’s saying, “A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants,” has been a very real inspiration to me since my youth; it has been a continual consolation in the face of life’s hardships, my own and others’, and an unfailing wellspring of tolerance. This realization mercifully mitigates the easily paralyzing sense of responsibility and prevents us from taking ourselves and other people all too seriously; it is conducive to a view of life which, in particular, gives humor its due.

我完全不相信哲學意義上的人的自由。每個人的行爲不僅受外在力量的約束,還要與內在需求協調一致。叔本華說:“人可以任意而爲,卻不能心想事成。”這句話從我年輕時起就一直深深地啓發着我。在面對生活的艱辛時——無論是我自己還是他人的艱辛,這句話總能不斷地給我安慰,成爲永不枯竭的忍耐的源泉。這一認識能夠仁慈地緩和那份令人幾欲崩潰的責任感,並防止我們太把自己或者他人當回事,還有助於形成一種尤其幽默的人生觀。

To inquire after the meaning or object of one’s own existence or that of all creatures has always seemed to me absurd from an objective point of view. And yet everybody has certain ideals which determine the direction of his endeavors and his judgments. In this sense I have never looked upon ease and happiness as ends in themselves—this ethical basis I call the ideal of a pigsty. The ideals which have lighted my way and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth. Without the sense of kinship with men of like mind, without the occupation with the objective world, the eternally unattainable in the field of art and scientific endeavors, life would have seemed to me empty. The trite objects of human efforts—possessions, outward success, luxury—have always seemed to me contemptible.

客觀地說,探求自己或者其他所有生命存在的意義或者目標,我一直都認爲是荒唐之舉。然而,每個人多少都有自己的理想,決定着他的奮鬥目標和他對事情的看法。從這個意義上說,我從來都不會把安逸和幸福看作終極目標——我將這種倫理道德的基礎稱之爲“豬圈理想”。一直以來,是對真、善、美的追求照亮了我的道路,一次又一次給我以新的勇氣,讓我愉快地面對生活。如果沒有對志同道合者的那種親近感,如果沒有對客觀世界——那個藝術和科學研究永遠也無法窮極的世界——的孜孜以求,生命對我來說就是一場空。那些向來爲世人競相追求的目標——財產、奢華和外在的成功——我對此不屑一顧。

  大學英語六級晨讀美文閱讀

Love Your Life

熱愛生活

However mean your life is, meet it and live it

不論你的生活如何卑微,你都得面對與度過

do not shun it and call it hard names

不要逃避,更不要抱怨

it is not so bad as you are

生活不像你認爲的那般壞

It looks poorest when you are richest

當你富甲天下之時,生活卻顯得貧瘠乏味

The fault finder will find faults in paradise

即使在天堂,愛找缺點的人也能找到缺點。

Love your life, poor as it is

即使生活貧窮,你也該熱愛生活

You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house

因爲就是在貧濟院,你也有自己快樂激動與光榮的歲月

The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode

夕陽照在貧濟院窗上的反光與照在富人家的一樣耀目

The snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

其門前的積雪也同樣在早春融化

I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there

我只是看到,一個心緒寧靜的人就算居住在貧濟院,生活起來也會心滿意足。

And have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.

思想愉悅,如同生活在皇宮中一樣。

The town`s poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

在我看來,城鎮中的貧民大凡過着最爲無拘無束的生活。

Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

或許他們只是超乎尋常,不然豈會毫無疑懼地接受這一切。

Most think that they are above being supported by the town.

大多數人認爲自己超凡脫俗而無須依賴城鎮的資助

  大學英語六級晨讀美文學習

The Road to Happiness

通往幸福的道路

If you look around at the men and women whom you can call happy, you will see that they all have certain things in common. The most important of these things is an activity which at most gradually builds up something that you are glad to see coming into existence. Women who take an instinctive pleasure in their children can get this kind of satisfaction out of bringing up a family. Artists and authors and men of science get happiness in this way if their own work seems good to them. But there are many humbler forms of the same kind of pleasure. Many men who spend their working life in the city devote their weekends to voluntary and unremunerated toil in their gardens, and when the spring comes, they experience all the joys of having created beauty.

只要你觀察一下週圍那些你可稱之爲幸福的男男女女,就會看出他們都有某些共同之處。在這些共同之處中有一點是最重要的:那就是活動本身,它在大多數情況下本身就很有趣,而且可逐漸的使你的願望得以實現。生性喜愛孩子的婦女,能夠從撫養子女中得到這種滿足。藝術家、作家和科學家如果對自己的工作感到滿意,也能以同樣的方式得到快樂。不過,還有很多是較低層次的快樂。許多在城裏工作的人到了週末自願地在自家的庭院裏做無償的勞動,春天來時,他們就可盡情享受自己創造的美景帶來的快樂。

The whole subject of happiness has, in my opinion, been treated too solemnly. It had been thought that man cannot be happy without a theory of life or a religion. Perhaps those who have been rendered unhappy by a bad theory may need a better theory to help them to recovery, just as you may need a tonic when you have been ill. But when things are normal a man should be healthy without a tonic and happy without a theory. It is the simple things that really matter. If a man delights in his wife and children, has success in work, and finds pleasure in the alternation of day and night, spring and autumn, he will be happy whatever his philosophy may be. If, on the other hand, he finds his wife fateful, his children's noise unendurable, and the office a nightmare; if in the daytime he longs for night, and at night sighs for the light of day, then what he needs is not a new philosophy but a new regimen--a different diet, or more exercise, or what not.

在我看來,整個關於快樂的話題一向都被太嚴肅的對待過了。過去一直有這樣的看法:如果沒有一種生活的理論或者宗教信仰,人是不可能幸福的。也許那些由於理論不好才導致不快樂的人需要一種較好的理論幫助他們重新快活起來,就像你生過病需要吃補藥一樣。但是,正常情況下,一個人不吃補藥也應當是健康的;沒有理論也應當是幸福的。真正有關係的是一些簡單的事情。如果一個男人喜愛他的妻子兒女,事業有成,而且無論白天黑夜,春去秋來,總是感到高興,那麼不管他的理論如何,都會是快樂的。反之,如果他討厭自己的妻子,受不了孩子們的吵鬧,而且害怕上班;如果他白天盼望夜晚,而到了晚上又巴望着天明,那麼,他所需要的就不是一種新的理論,而是一種新的生活——改變飲食習慣,多鍛鍊身體等等。

Man is an animal, and his happiness depends on his physiology more than he likes to think. This is a humble conclusion, but I cannot make myself disbelieve it. Unhappy businessmen, I am convinced, would increase their happiness more by walking six miles every day than by any conceivable change of philosophy.

人是動物,他的幸福更多的時候取決於其生理狀況而非思想狀況。這是一個很庸俗的結論,然而我無法使自己懷疑它。我確信,不幸福的商人與其找到新的理論來使自己幸福,還不如每天步行六英里更見效。