當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第5章4

經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第5章4

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.69W 次

'Yes.'

經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第5章4

“是的。”

She shook her head in bewilderment as she tried to stuff a new tape into her video camera.

她一面試着把一卷新膠片塞進攝影機裏,一面大惑不解似的搖了搖頭。

'Some of your people,' said one of her visitors, hesitantly, 'think that Elvis has been kidnapped by space aliens.'

“你們中的好些人,”她的一位客人吞吞吐吐地說,“認爲埃爾維斯是被外星人劫持了。”

'What?' said Tricia. 'Has he?'

“什麼?”崔茜卡道,“是這樣嗎?”

'It is possible.'

“有這個可能。”

'Are you telling me that you have kidnapped Elvis?' gasped Tricia. She was trying to keep cool enough not to foul up her equipment, but this was all almost too much for her.

“你是說你們劫持了埃爾維斯?”崔茜卡倒抽一口涼氣。她一直在努力保持鎮靜,免得把設備搞的亂七八糟,可這一手實在讓她有些沒法接受。

'No. Not us,' said her guests. 'Aliens. It is a very interesting possibility. We talk of it often.'

“不,不是我們。”她的客人說,“外星人。這是種非常有趣的可能性。我們常常談起它。”

'I must get this down,' Tricia muttered to herself. She checked her video was properly loaded and working now. She pointed the camera at them. She didn't put it up to her eye because she didn't want to freak them out. But she was sufficiently experienced to be able to shoot accurately from the hip. 'OK,' she said. 'Now tell me slowly and carefully who you are. You first,' she said to the one on the left. 'What's your name?'

“我一定得把這錄下來。”崔茜卡小聲嘀咕。她檢查了一遍,膠片已經裝好,運轉正常。她把攝像機對準他們,但並沒有舉到自己眼睛上,怕會嚇到人家。反正她經驗夠老道,機器放在大腿上一樣能拍的很清楚。“好了。”她說,“現在告訴我你們是誰?說話慢些,仔細些。你先來。”她對左邊的那個說,“你叫什麼名字?”

'I don't know.'

“我不知道。”

'You don't know?'

“你不知道?”

'No.'

“不知道。”

'I see,' said Tricia. 'And what about you other two?'

“恩。”崔茜卡道,“那麼你們倆呢?”

'We don't know.'

“我們不知道。”

'Good. OK. Perhaps you can tell me where you are from?'

“好吧,行。或許你們能講講你們從哪兒來?”

They shook their heads.

他們搖搖頭。

'So,' said Tricia. 'What are you… er…'

“那麼,”崔茜卡說,“你們是……呃……”

She was floundering but, being a professional, kept the camera steady while she did it.

她在發慌,可由於具備了專業水準,發慌的時候攝影機依然不顫不抖。