當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第6章4

經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第6章4

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.14W 次

Ford turned sharply into a small alcove, cupped his hand and yanked the flying robot in with him. He squatted down and peered at the burbling cybernaut.

經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第6章4

福特猛然轉進了一個小隔間,手一動,把機器人也扯了進來。他蹲下來,瞅着眼前這個咯咯直樂的小機器人。

‘What’s been happening here?’ he demanded.

“這兒都發生了些什麼?”他問。

‘Oh just the nicest things, sir, just the nicest possible things. Can I sit on your lap, please?’

“哦,全是些最最美好的事,先生,全是些好得不能再好的事兒。我能坐你大腿上嗎,拜託?”

‘No,’ said Ford, brushing the thing away. It was overjoyed to be spurned in this way and started to bob and burble and swoon. Ford grabbed it again and stuck it firmly in the air a foot in front of his face. It tried to stay where it was put but couldn’t help quivering slightly.

“不行。”福特把那東西彈到一邊。能被人這麼蔑視它簡直喜不自禁,於是又晃又笑地陶醉起來。福特抓住它,牢牢固定在距自己的臉一尺遠的空中。它試着待在人家要它待的地方,可就是忍不住微微發抖。

‘Something’s changed, hasn’t it?’ Ford hissed.

“這兒有些變化,不是嗎?”福特嘶嘶的問。

‘Oh yes,’ squealed the little robot, ‘in the most fabulous and wonderful way. I feel so good about it.’

“哦,是的。”小機器人尖着嗓門回答道,“如此非凡如此不可思議的改變,我對此感覺好極了。”

‘Well what was it like before, then?’

“那,之前是什麼樣的,恩?”

‘Scrumptious.’

“妙不可言。”

‘But you like the way it’s changed?’ demanded Ford.

“可你喜歡改變以後的樣子?”福特問。

‘I like everything,’ moaned the robot. ‘Especially when you shout at me like that. Do it again, please.’

“一切我都喜歡。”機器人呻吟道,“特別是你朝我嚷嚷的時候,再來一次嘛,求你了。”

‘Just tell me what’s happened!’

“只管告訴我發生了什麼事!”

‘Oh thank you, thank you!’

“哦,謝謝你,謝謝你!”

Ford sighed.

福特嘆了口氣。