當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 商務禮節美語第151期:同事請你做推薦人

商務禮節美語第151期:同事請你做推薦人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.03W 次

When a Colleague Requests a Reference

商務禮節美語第151期:同事請你做推薦人

同事請你做推薦人

陳豪在北京的ABC美國公司工作。他在餐廳裏找到美國同Amy 。

(Office ambience)

A: Hello Chen Hao. How are you?

C: 還行。不過,我有點事想徵求一下你的意見。

A: What is it?

C: 你認識我們辦公室的Sue嗎?

A: I've worked on a couple of projects with her. Why?

C: 我告訴你,你可得保密,Sue正在找工作。

A: Why is that a problem?

C: 她讓我做她的推薦人。

A: That bothers you?

C: Sue工作不是很靠譜,推薦她,那不等於說瞎話嘛!

A: What did you say when she came to you?

C: 我沒直接回答她。我說那份新工作聽上去是個不錯的機會,然後就假稱要開會,逃掉了。

A: I have a couple of suggestions for you.

C: 太好了,你快告訴我。我今天一天都躲躲藏藏的,生怕遇到Sue。

A: Let's sit down over there.

兩人坐下,邊吃邊聊。

C: Amy,你快說說,我該怎麼辦。

A: Sue must have some positive traits or she wouldn't be working here.

C: 優點肯定是有,不過我得仔細想想。

A: I suggest that you make a list of her strengths.

C: 可她的缺點要比優點多得多。

A: Try not to focus on her shortcomings, but list them out, too. You can call them areas where she needs to grow.

C: 需要改進的地方?那人家給我打電話,瞭解Sue的情況,我該怎麼說呢?

A: You begin by saying that she is a good team player, but could benefit from the opportunity to work independently and grow professionally. That makes you honest.

C: 有道理,我就說她很容易相處,但是如果有一個獨立工作,需要精湛技能的機會,將對她有幫助。可是Amy,我怎麼才能不去提她的缺點呢?

A: Let the interviewer know that you have worked with Sue on a limited basis so you can only speak about your experience on the team.

C: 就說,跟Sue共事機會不多,有些情況沒有發言權。Amy,我有個更簡單的辦法,要不我這段時間乾脆不接電話了,留言也不回。

A: That's cowardly. Besides it will reflect poorly on you.

C: 要這麼說,不回電子郵件也行不通了。

A: You have another choice. You can tell Sue that you aren't comfortable in giving references to her because you are afraid of saying the wrong thing.

C: 這樣好。我就說自己英語不好,搞不好詞不達意,再說錯了話。

A: It is difficult when a colleague who is not a good worker asks you for a reference.

C: 你能在重複一遍,我都有哪些選擇嗎?

A: If you agree to be a reference, rehearse what you plan to say. Don't allow yourself to be drawn into areas where you are not comfortable.