當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 商務禮節美語第107期:商人的襪子

商務禮節美語第107期:商人的襪子

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.25K 次

陳豪在北京的ABC美國公司工作。他上班中間休息,跟美國同事Amy一起下樓喝茶。

商務禮節美語第107期:商人的襪子

(Office ambience)

C: Amy, 你幹嘛老看我的腳啊?

A: I'm sorry. I just couldn't help noticing that you aren't wearing socks today.

C: 天兒太熱了,不穿襪子還涼快點兒。

A: Personally, that might be all right, but professionally that's a bad decision.

C: 爲什麼?我見過很多人上班都不穿襪子的。

A: However, at ABC Company, professional dress is important for our corporate image.

C: 我上班穿西裝,打領帶,這還不夠嗎?

A: No. Would you consider not wearing a shirt with your coat and tie?

C: 我當然不會光着膀子穿西裝打領帶了。

A: Then you shouldn't consider wearing your shoes without socks. If your boss Mr. Jones sees you, he will not be pleased.

C: 那可壞了。我可我沒帶襪子。這怎麼辦呀?

A: Avoid Mr. Jones at all cost. Then buy some socks when you go out for lunch today. There's a department store right around the corner.

C: 你說得對,我得先躲着點兒老闆,中午吃飯的時候趕緊去商店買襪子穿上。I will see you later.

MC: 午飯後,陳豪找到Amy.

A: Chen Hao, did you find any socks?

C: 我正準備穿上呢!天兒熱,所以我買了兩雙白襪子,起碼比深顏色的襪子涼快點兒。

A: Oh dear.

C: 怎麼了?

A: White socks are inappropriate for corporate dress. They are more for athletic wear and outdoor attire.

C: 啊?白襪子是跑步打球穿的,不是上班穿的。怎麼這麼多講究呀!好在我還買了一雙深色的。服務員一直向我推銷高腰兒的,就是可以拉到小腿肚兒上來的那一種。我覺得太熱,沒買。

A: Oh dear.

C: 又怎麼了?

A: You should have listened to the salesman. Short socks just won't do in the business environment.

C: 那爲什麼?

A: It's because when you sit down and cross your legs in short socks, you expose everyone around you to the sight of your hairy legs.

C: Amy, 我從來沒想到穿襪子還有這麼多講究。

A: Your business attire is extremely important "right down to your socks".

C: 這麼說,我穿成什麼樣兒也會影響到公司形象了。看來我下班還得再去買襪子,Amy,你陪我去吧,完了事兒我請你吃飯。

A: Thank you. I'll look forward to that.

C: Amy,你能不能再告訴我一下上班要穿什麼樣的襪子。這樣我心裏就有數了。

A: Avoid white socks and short socks. The right sock in business is the one that covers your calf and matches your shoes and pants.