當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 商務禮節美語第2期:簽證申請(2)

商務禮節美語第2期:簽證申請(2)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.86W 次

王小姐到美國使館簽證,簽證官Bob Jones受理她的申請,Bob得知王小姐是研究古蹟的專家後,覺得這個行業很有意思。

商務禮節美語第2期:簽證申請(2)

B: Wow, that sounds like an interesting line of work. I see here you are a citizen of People's Republic of China. 哇,聽起來是個有意思的行業。我知道你是中國人。

W: That's correct. 對的。

B: According to United States law, I'm required to ask you some reasonably personal questions. Please understand that these are formalities and are required of everyone. 按照美國法律,我須要問你一些合理地個人問題。請理解這是慣例。

W: No problem. Ask away. 沒有問題,問吧。

B: Do you have proof of your financial stability? I'll need to see a bank statement. 你有可以證明你經濟穩定性的證明嗎?我須要看下你的銀行記錄。

W: Yes. I remembered to bring my bankbook. Here you are. 是的。我帶了我的銀行存摺。給你。

簽證官Bob說,王小姐從事的行業似乎很有意思,line of work,指的是工作,行業。簽證官Bob說,他要問王小姐一些個人問題,these are formalities. Formalities,意思是必要的形式。首先,簽證申請人要證明自己的 financial stability,經濟實力。

B: Have you ever been involved with terrorism or groups that support terrorism? 你曾參與和恐怖主義有關或者支持恐怖主義的活動嗎?

W: Absolutely not. 當然沒有。

B: Do you have a criminal record in China? 你在中國有犯罪記錄嗎?

W: No. Not even a parking ticket. 沒有,連停車罰單都沒有。

B: I'm going to ask you sign a statement that affirms everything you just told me. If you sign this document, it's legally considered the same as swearing an oath in court. Do you affirm that everything you just told me is the truth? 好的……接下來你須要簽署一份聲明,聲明上包括我剛纔跟你確定過的問題。如果你簽署了,則聲明具有合法的法律效應。你確定你剛纔說的都是事實嗎?

W: I do. 我確定。

簽證官問王小姐是否參與過恐怖活動,be involved with,意思是參與,涉及。簽證官又問,do you have a criminal record in China? 在中國有沒有犯罪記錄。王小姐回答說,她連違章停車的罰單都沒吃過。違章停車的罰單在英語裏叫parking ticket. 簽證官最後讓王小姐在一份文件上簽字,保證自己所說的一切屬實。

B: Then please sign here. Thank you. Now I must inform you that anyone applying for a visa to the United States is required to have their fingerprints taken. 那麼現在在這裏簽字吧。謝謝。現在我還責任說,任何申請簽證的人都被要求留下指紋。

W: That's not a problem. long before I'll know if my visa is approved. 沒有問題。所以……需要多久我才能拿到簽證呢?

B: The processing time is usually about 5 days. If there is some problem, you'll get a call or an email. 簽發過程大概須要5天。如果有什麼問題,你會接到電話或者收到電子郵件。

W: Excellent. Thank you for your assistance, Mr. Jones, you've been a great help. 非常好。瓊斯先生,謝謝你的幫助。

B: Not at doing my job. Enjoy your trip to the United States. 不客氣……是我份內的事。祝你去美國旅途順利。

W: I certainly will! 一定會的!

王小姐簽好字,還要做指紋取樣,按簽證官說的,anyone applying for a visa to the United States is required to have fingerprints taken. 凡是申請入境美國簽證的人,都要提取指紋。
王小姐問簽證申請幾天纔會有結果,簽證官回答說,The processing time is about 5 days,辦理簽證大約要五天的時間,如果有問題,會電話或是電郵通知申請人,簽證官最後還預祝王小姐去美國旅程順利。