當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第244期:活到老

迷你對話學地道口語第244期:活到老

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.08W 次

特別聲明:

迷你對話學地道口語第244期:活到老

該節目中的迷你對話精選自口語書籍,其餘講解部分均爲。

迷你對話:

A: Mr. Brown is in hospital again.

布朗先生又住院了。

B: Is he? He’s never been healthy.

是麼?他身體總是不大好。

A: When I went to see him yesterday, he looked rather pale.

我昨天去看他的時間,他的臉色很蒼白。

B: I’m afraid he won’t make old bones.

恐怕他活不了多久的。

地道表達:

make old bones

解詞釋義:

old bones就是指“老傢伙,長壽的人”,make old bones意思就是“想成爲長壽的人,活到老”。

支持範例:

All members of my family make old bones; my father was over eighty years old when he died.

我家里人的壽命都很長,我的父親活到80多歲纔去世。

I'm afraid he will never make old bones.

我看他活不長。

I've a strange feeling that ill never make old bones.

我有一個奇怪的感覺,我不會活到很老。

詞海拾貝:

in hospital:住院

Eg. He ask for leave of absence to visit his mother in hospital.

他請假去探望住院的母親。

Eg. He's still in hospital but out of danger.

他仍在住院, 但已脫離了危險.

Eg. He looked out some books for his friend in hospital.

他爲住院的朋友挑選幾本書。

Eg. He's been in hospital since his accident.

他從發生事故之後,一直在醫院。