當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第15章:離開河谷(8)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第15章:離開河谷(8)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.12W 次

It was not easy to get from Besham to our village and we had to walk twenty-five kilometres carrying all our things.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第15章:離開河谷(8)
要從貝沙姆走到我們的村莊不是件容易事,我們得帶着所有的行李徒步25公里才能到達。

At one point we were stopped by the army, who told us we could go no further and must turn back.

在一個檢查哨,我們被軍方攔下,對方告訴我們不能再往前走了,必須掉頭回去

'Our home is in Shangla. Where will we go?' we begged.

“我們的家在香拉縣。你要我們回到哪裏去?”我們苦苦哀求。

My grandMother started crying and saying her life had never been so bad. Finally, they let us through.

外祖母開始哭泣,說她的人生從來沒有落入這麼悲慘的境地。最後,他們終於讓我們通過。

The army and their machine guns were everywhere.

一路上,到處都是軍隊與他們的機關槍。

Because of the curfew and the checkpoints there was not one other vehicle on the road that didn't belong to the military.

因爲宵禁與檢查哨的緣故,路上所有的車輛都是軍方的。

We were afraid that the army wouldn't know who we were and would shoot us.

我們很害怕軍方在不知道我們身份的情況下,就對我們開槍。

When we reached the village our family was astonished to see us.

當我們抵達村莊時,家族的成員看到我們都很訝異。

Everyone believed the Taliban would return to Shangla so they couldn't understand why we hadn't remained in Mardan.

所有人都認爲塔利班會回到香拉縣,所以他們不理解爲什麼我們不留在馬爾丹。

We stayed in my mother's village, Karshat, with my uncle Faiz Mohammad and his family.

我們留在我母親長大的村莊卡夏特,與我的舅舅法伊茲·穆罕默德及他的家人住在一起。

We had to borrow clothes from our relatives as we hadn't brought much.

因爲帶的行李不多,我們得借親戚的衣服穿。

I was happy to be with my cousin Sumbul, who is a year older than me.

我很高興能和表姐蘇布待在一起,她大我一歲。

Once we were settled I started going to school with her.

在我們都安頓好之後,我開始和她一起去上學。

I was in Year 6 but started in Year 7 to be with Sumbul.

我之前讀六年級,但我現在跟蘇布一起念七年級。