當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第2章6

經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第2章6

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.25W 次

‘Have you called the number? There’s a number here.’

經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第2章6

“你試過這個號碼了嗎?這兒有個號碼。”

‘No,’ said Tricia, ‘you only just gave me the note. I’m just trying to get some more information before I ring back. Perhaps I could talk to the person who took the call?’

“沒有,”崔茜卡說,“你剛把留言給我。我只是想在回電話之前多瞭解些情況。也許我能跟接這通電話的人談談?”

‘Hmmm,’ said the receptionist, scrutinising the note carefully. ‘I don’t think we have anybody called Gail Andrews here.’

“呣,”接待仔仔細細地檢查了一遍留言,“我不記得我們這兒有叫蓋爾?安德魯斯的。”

‘No, I realise that,’ said Tricia. ‘I just—’

“當然,這我意識到了,”崔茜卡說,“我只不過想……”

‘I’m Gail Andrews.’

“我是蓋爾?安德魯斯。”

The voice came from behind Tricia. She turned round.

聲音來自崔茜卡背後。她轉過身去。

‘I’m sorry?’

“抱歉?”

‘I’m Gail Andrews. You interviewed me this morning.’

“我是蓋爾?安德魯斯。你今天早上來見過我。”

‘Oh. Oh good heavens yes,’ said Tricia, slightly flustered.

“哦,哦天哪沒錯。”崔茜卡有些狼狽。

‘I left the message for you a few hours ago. I hadn’t heard so I came by. I didn’t want to miss you.’

“電話是幾個鐘頭之前打的。你沒回,所以我就過來了。我不想錯過跟你見面的機會。”

‘Oh. No. Of course,’ said Tricia, trying hard to get up to speed.

“哦,是啊。當然。”崔茜卡努力跟上情況的發展。

‘I don’t know about this,’ said the receptionist, for whom speed was not an issue. ‘Would you like me to try this number for you now?’

“對了,這個,”接待道,他反正沒什麼情況可跟進,“要我幫你試試這個號碼嗎?”

‘No, that’ll be fine, thanks,’ said Tricia. ‘I can handle it now.’

“不,不必,謝謝,”崔茜卡說,“現在我自己可以了。”

‘I can call this room number here for you if that’ll help,’ said the receptionist, peering at the note again.

“這兒有個房間號碼,我可以幫你打過去,如果能對你有幫助的話。”接待說着又瞅瞅留言。

‘No, that won’t be necessary, thanks,’ said Tricia. ‘That’s my own room number. I’m the one the message was for. I think we’ve sorted this out now.’

“不,沒必要,謝謝,”崔茜卡說,“那是我自己的房間號碼。留言就是留給我的。依我看,這事兒已經解決了。”