當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場英文口語 第101期:傳遞壞消息(4)

職場英文口語 第101期:傳遞壞消息(4)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.82W 次

Look Diana… Denise…

職場英文口語 第101期:傳遞壞消息(4)
聽着,黛安娜。 是丹尼斯。

Denise. Like Dennis right?

丹尼斯。就像“Dennis”對嗎?

She’ll want the best – the best tea, coffee, the best team.

她將要最好的,最好的茶,咖啡和團隊。

I’ll expect improved results and profits.

我期望在成果和利潤方面有所提高。

If not your necks will be on the line – especially yours Paul.

否則你們的工作就危險了,特別是你,保羅。

Oh, chop chop. We’d better get to work.

快點,快點,我們最好去工作了。

Scary! “Your necks will be on the line” – he means their jobs will be at risk if things don’t improve.

可怕!“Your necks will be on the line”他的意思如果得不到改善,他們的工作將要岌岌可危。

It’s a worrying time for Tip Top Trading.

對Tip Top Trading來說是一個使人煩惱的時期。

Let’s remind ourselves of the phrases Mr Socrates used to deliver bad news.

讓我們看看蘇格拉底先生在傳遞壞消息時使用的表達方式。

I’ve got to give it to you straight.

我要有話直說了。

The outlook is gloomy.

前景暗淡。

I’ve got to announce a profit warning.

我不得不宣佈盈利警告。

Let’s hope this new marketing strategy for Europe is going to work.

期望這些新的歐洲市場策略能管用。

How are you feeling Anna?

你覺得怎麼樣,安娜?

A little nervous.

有點緊張。

But I’m going to try my best to make sure this new strategy works.

但我將盡力保證新計劃起作用。

That’s the spirit Anna!

就是這種態度,安娜!

Right everyone. I think we need to take Mr Socrates down to the Rose and Crown after work for a pint or two and show him some true English hospitality.

好了大家。我想在下班後我們應該帶蘇格拉底先生去Rose and Crown喝幾杯,讓他看看真正的英式招待。

How about it?

怎麼樣?

I don’t drink.

我不喝酒。

Ah well, perhaps some lemonade?

也許喝點檸檬汁呢?

Oh dear. This should be interesting.

上帝,這會很有趣的。

Until next time, bye!

下次見,再見!