當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場英文口語 第99期:傳遞壞消息(2)

職場英文口語 第99期:傳遞壞消息(2)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.53W 次

Hello. It’s Tom. I recommended the hotel, it was a…

職場英文口語 第99期:傳遞壞消息(2)
你好,我是湯姆。我推薦的酒店,它是……

Tom. Everyone, shall we gather round and hear what Mr Socrates has to say? Please.

湯姆,大家應該聚在一起聽聽蘇格拉底先生要告訴我們什麼。

Hey… what’s your name… Paul.

你叫什麼? 保羅。

Yeah you. Don’t you think I should be sitting in the big chair?

對,你,你不覺得應該由我來主持嗎?

Sorry. Yes of course. There you go.

抱歉,當然,你來吧。

Now. Tip Top Trading. I gotta give it to you straight.

那麼Tip Top Trading的員工們,我要有話直說了。

Things ain’t looking good, in fact the outlook is gloomy.

事情並不好,事實上,前景暗淡。

The global recession has led to a meltdown in the plastic fruits sector.

全球經濟衰退導致塑料水果業垮臺。

And I’ve got to announce a profit warning.

我不得不宣佈盈利警告。

We just ain’t selling enough of these bananas, oranges and lemons to make any money.

我們不能售出足夠多的香蕉、橙子和檸檬來賺到錢。

There’s a bit of an economic squeeze on lemons! What? !

這是對檸檬的經濟壓榨! 什麼?!

Oh dear. I’m not sure what he’s talking about but it sounds bad.

上帝。我不確定他在說什麼,但是聽起來不妙。

It is Anna. He’s delivering some bad news without hiding the truth.

是的,安娜。他沒有掩藏事實,而是在告訴你們壞的消息。

That’s why he said “I’ve got to give it to you straight”.

這就是他爲何說:我要有話直說了。

He said “the outlook is gloomy” which it means the future doesn’t look good.

他說“the outlook is gloomy”(前景暗淡)意味着未來不妙。

And he mentioned a “profit warning”, which means company profits are probably going to go down.

他提到“盈利警告”意味着公司的盈利可能一直在下降。