當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 71:他不生我的氣?

職場社交英語 Lesson 71:他不生我的氣?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.18W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 71:他不生我的氣?

SCENE④ B 電話響起 戴夫與吉娜繼續說話

職場社交英語 Lesson 71:他不生我的氣?

【他不生我的氣?】

Dave: He's not mad at me?

戴夫: 他不生我的氣?


Zina: 1) Not at all. He says your being a lying, cheating, 2) backstabbing spy really helped to 3) motivate him.

吉娜: 完全沒有。 他說你這個說謊、背叛、玩陰的間諜,大大地激勵了他。

Dave: Is that what he says? [ 4) chuckling]

戴夫: 他這樣說?(咯咯笑)


Zina: After he found out you were spying for WebTracker, he worked like a man 5) possessed.

吉娜: 在發現你爲“網路搜尋家”臥底之後,他就像着了魔似地瘋狂工作。

Dave: So 6) in a way, I'm responsible for InfoKing's great success?

戴夫: 那麼就某方面而言,“資訊王”的大勝還是我的功勞?


Zina: That's right. You should be proud.

吉娜: 沒錯。你應該感到自豪的。


Dave: Oh, I feel so much better.

戴夫: 喔,我好過多了。

語言詳解:


A: I think that kid is possessed.

我覺得那孩子被附身了。


B: No, he's just screaming because he's angry.

不,他只是因生氣而大叫而已。


【I feel so much better. 我好過多了。】

這句話也可以說I feel much better. 不過年輕人可能還是喜歡用對話中的那一個句型。


A: The photos you took the other day came out really nice. Better than the last time.

前幾天你拍的照片洗出來很漂亮,比上一次好。

B: Oh, I'm glad you like them. I feel so much better.

喔,很高興你喜歡。我好過多了。

與so much better 很相近的短語是so much the better,意思是“這樣就要好了。”

Try to run a mile a day, and if you can do two so much the better.

每天設法跑一英哩,如果你能跑兩裏,那就更好了。

1) Not at all 一點也不。這句話亦可用來回答別人的道謝。

2) backstab (v.) 從背後偷襲,陷害

3) motivate (v.) 激勵

4) chuckle (v.) 咯咯笑

5) possessed (a.) 被鬼附身的,不由己的。

6) in a way 就某方面而言