當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 38:他看不到大局

職場社交英語 Lesson 38:他看不到大局

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.8K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 38:他看不到大局

SCENE④ B 在吉娜的隔間

職場社交英語 Lesson 38:他看不到大局

【他看不到大局】

Dave: That's what made Elvin so mad. I think he wants to 1) strangle you.

戴夫: 艾文就是因爲這檔事而氣急敗壞。我想他要把你勒死。

Zina: Oh, Elvin doesn't know anything. He can't see the big picture.

吉娜: 喔,艾文啥都不懂。他看不到大局。

Dave: Well, he doesn't know that you 2) recruited extra programmers. How did you 3) manage that?

戴夫: 呃,他不知道你又新招募了程序設計師。你是怎麼辦到的?

Zina: I just sat down with the 4) venture capitalist boys from Vikam and asked for more money.

吉娜: 我只是跟我們的投資方 “維康”的那些人坐下來,跟他們多要了些錢。

Dave: Can you do that? Isn't this Vince's company?

戴夫: 你這樣行嗎?這不是文斯的公司嗎?

Zina: 5) For now it is.

吉娜: 暫時是。

Dave: Uh-oh. Here comes Elvin.

戴夫: 不妙。艾文來了。

語言詳解

A: Arnold began managing his own company at the age of 23.

阿諾二十三歲就管理他自己的公司。

B: He must be a genius.

他一定是個天才。

【He can't see the big picture. 他看不到大局。】

big picture是“全局,大局”的意思,can't see the big picture是指僅能着眼於眼前發生的事,無法看出事物的整體性,沒有綜觀全局,長期規劃的能力

A: We'll only be able to pay everyone's salaries after our business establishes itself.

唯有在開始營運之後,我們才能付大家薪水。

B: But Johnnie can't see the big picture. He's unwilling to wait. He wants to get paid now.

不過強尼看不到大局。他不願意等。他現在就要拿薪水。

你也可以勸告、建議他人look at the big picture“從大處着眼,衡量全局”。

A: I want all our employees to get equal pay.

我要我們所有的員工都拿一樣多的薪水。

B: You've got to look at the big picture. It's just not possible right now.

你得要衡量全局。這在目前是不可能的。

1) trangle (v.) 勒死,使窒息

2) recruit (v.) 僱用,招募

3) manage (v.) 管理,控制

4) venture capitalist 提供創業投資的投資方

5) for now 目前,暫時