當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 49:我在考慮跳槽

職場社交英語 Lesson 49:我在考慮跳槽

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.33K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 49:我在考慮跳槽

SCENE① A 吉娜與戴夫在他們的辦公室隔間說話

職場社交英語 Lesson 49:我在考慮跳槽

【我在考慮跳槽】

Zina: Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about.

吉娜: 戴夫,我要跟你談一件事。

Dave: Zina, why are you 1) whispering?

戴夫: 吉娜,你幹嘛那麼小聲?

Zina: I've been talking to WebTracker. I'm thinking of jumping ship.

吉娜: 我一直跟"網路搜尋家"有聯絡。我在考慮跳槽。

Dave: What? Are you serious? You'd 2) defect to our 3) archrival!?

戴夫: 什麼?你是認真的嗎?你要向敵人投誠!?

Zina: Keep your voice down. We'll talk more later. Right now I need to see Vince.

吉娜: 小聲點。我們晚點再詳談。我現在得要去找文斯。

Dave: We definitely have to talk, Zina. And watch your back. Elvin is still mad about his nose.

戴夫: 我們一定得聊聊,吉娜。多留點神。艾文還在氣他鼻子的那檔事。

Zina: OK, but don't tell anyone what I said.

吉娜: 好,不過別把我說的話告訴別人。

語言詳解:

A: (Loudly) Why are you whispering?

(大喊)你幹嘛那麼小聲啊?

B: We're in a library, you dork.

我們在圖書館裏,蠢蛋。

【Are you serious? 你是認真的嗎?】

serious有兩個主要意義,其一是“嚴肅的、認真的”,另一是“嚴重的、重大的”。與“人”連用時通常是第一種解釋,與“疾病、局勢、問題”連用則屬第二種解釋,例如:

We have to be serious about our future.

我們要認真的面對未來。

The situation is really serious.

局勢真的很嚴重。

A: I heard John was hospitalized.

我聽說約翰住進醫院。

B: Are you serious?

你是說真的嗎?

A: Yes. He suffered a serious injury in an accident.

真的。他在意外事件中受到嚴重傷害。

1) whisper (v.) 低語,呢喃

2) defect (v.) 背棄(同盟,祖國)to的後面接名詞,指所投向的新對象

3) archrival (n.) 死敵,最大的敵人 arch 這個字首 (prefix) 是指“首要的,主要的”