當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 53:離我遠一點

職場社交英語 Lesson 53:離我遠一點

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.81K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 53:離我遠一點

SCENE② A 吉娜在艾文的隔間附近遇到他

職場社交英語 Lesson 53:離我遠一點

【離我遠一點】

Zina: Hi, Elvin. How are the new programmers I got for you?

吉娜: 嗨,艾文。我幫你找來的新程序設計師如何?

Elvin: Stay away from me.

艾文: 離我遠一點。

Zina: Are you still mad about your nose? How is it?

吉娜: 還在氣你鼻子的事啊?鼻子還好吧?

Elvin: I'm serious, Zina. 1) Back off. I have a bottle of pepper 2) spray in my pocket.

艾文: 我是認真的,吉娜。給我退後。我的口袋裏有胡椒噴霧器。

Zina: That won't be necessary, Elvin. Look, I want to 3) apologize for your nose. I'm sorry.

吉娜: 沒這個必要吧,艾文。聽我說,我要爲鼻子的事跟你致歉。對不起。

Elvin: Why are you being so nice to me? Don't think for a second that I trust you.

艾文: 你幹嘛對我好?你別以爲我會相信你。

語言詳解:

A: I apologize for calling you this early in the morning.

我很抱歉這麼一大早就打電話給你。

B: This had better be an emergency.

這最好是很要緊的事。

【mad about 爲……生氣】

mad about 有兩個主要意義,一個是上面對話中所表現出的“生氣”,另一個是“沉迷、熱衷於”。例如:

I guess they're mad about the performance of their baseball players.

我猜他們是爲了他們的棒球員表現而氣憤不已。

Rose is quite mad about Andy.

蘿絲相當着迷於安迪。

A: Did you say Jack wasn't mad about our spending more than 100 dollars of his money?

你是說傑克沒有爲了我們花掉他一百多塊錢而生氣嗎?

B: Right. Because Jack is mad about you. Aren't you aware of that?

對的,因爲傑克愛慕你。你沒有感覺到嗎?

換句話說,“mad about+人”是“着迷、愛慕某人”“mad with+人”纔是“生某人的氣”。例如:

She has been mad with me for a week.

她氣我已經氣一個星期了。

1) back off 退後

2) spray (n.) 噴霧器

3) apologize (v.) 道歉