當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2039期:睡過頭而錯過某事

迷你對話學地道口語第2039期:睡過頭而錯過某事

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.23W 次

情景對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第2039期:睡過頭而錯過某事

A: Can you tell me the result?

能告訴我比賽結果嗎?

B: You missed the match, didn't you?

你沒看比賽嗎?

A: I fell asleep and slept through the football match.

我睡着了,錯過了這場球賽。

B: It was a tie. You did the right thing, the game was so boring.

零比零,你真是睡對了,比賽一點意思都沒有。

第一, 詞海拾貝

sleep through

exp 1. To remain asleep while something happens or to remain sleeping through some event.(睡過頭而錯過了某事,在某事發生的時候還在睡覺

e.g. I can't believe you slept through my recital, Dad!

爸爸,我簡直不敢相信你睡覺說過頭而沒有去聽我的音樂會。

e.g. I slept through the alarm in the morning.

我早上睡覺睡過了頭沒有聽見警報聲。

e.g. I didn't hear the storm. I guess I slept through it.

我沒聽見暴風雨,我想我睡過頭了。

e.g. A locomotive engineer slept through a signal and killed a hundred and fifty-four people.

一個火車司機由於打瞌睡而沒有注意信號,結果撞死了一百五十四個人。

Exp. 2:To sleep the entire night without waking. (睡個安穩覺,一覺睡到天亮

e.g. Our first baby was nearly nine months old before she finally started sleeping through.

們的第一個孩子將近九個月大的時候,終於開始睡個安穩覺了。

第二, 語彙積累

fall asleep:睡着

e.g. Torn between anger and selfreproach, he could hardly fall asleep.

他又是氣憤,又埋怨自己,簡直沒法睡着。

e.g. With one thing and another, I could hardly fall asleep.

我思緒紛繁,輾轉不能成眠。

第三, 口語短句

中:打成平手。

英:It is a tie.

中:你做得對。

英:You do a right thing.