當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第20章8

經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第20章8

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.24W 次

‘Go! Ride that Beast!’ shouted Thrashbarg. His distant voice reverberated faintly in their ears. ‘Ride that Perfectly Normal Beast! Ride it, ride it!’

經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第20章8

“去吧!騎啊!”刷希巴的聲音從遠處傳來,在他們的耳朵裏微弱的迴盪,“騎上絕對正常獸!去吧!去吧!”

Ford shouted in Arthur’s ear, ‘Where did he say we were going?’

福特在阿瑟耳朵邊喊道:“他說我們是去哪兒?”

‘He said something about a King,’ shouted Arthur in return, holding on desperately.

“他說什麼王來着?”阿瑟一面拼命抓緊,一面喊回去

‘What King?’

“什麼王?”

‘That’s what I said. He just said the King.’

“我也是這兒問的,他就說是王。”

‘I didn’t know there was a the King,’ shouted Ford.

“我從沒聽說過什麼王!”福特喊道。

‘Nor did I,’ shouted Arthur back.

“我也沒!”阿瑟喊回去。

‘Except of course for the King,’ shouted Ford. ‘And I don’t suppose he meant him.’

“當然除了那個王。”福特喊道,“當然我不認爲他指的是他!”

‘What King?’ shouted Arthur.

“什麼王?”阿瑟喊。

The point of exit was almost upon them. Just ahead of them, Perfectly Normal Beasts were galloping into nothingness and vanishing.

出口幾乎已經到了。在他們前方不遠處,絕對正常獸正衝進空氣,消失得無影無蹤。

‘What do you mean, what King?’ shouted Ford. ‘I don’t know what King. I’m only saying that he couldn’t possibly mean the King, so I don’t know what he means.’

“你什麼意思,什麼王?”福特喊道,“我不知道什麼王,我只是說他不可能指的是那個王,所以我不知道他是什麼意思。”

‘Ford, I don’t know what you’re talking about.’

“福特,我不知道你在說什麼。”

‘So?’ said Ford. Then with a sudden rush, the stars came on, turned and twisted around their heads, and then, just as suddenly, turned off again.

“所以?”福特說。然後他們突然一個猛衝,星星出現了,在他們腦袋周圍翻轉,扭曲,接着,就像剛纔一樣突然,它們又消失了。