當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第982期:不自在的,不安的

迷你對話學地道口語第982期:不自在的,不安的

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7K 次

第一, 迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第982期:不自在的,不安的

A: You are a little ill at ease, aren’t you?

你有點不自在,是不?

B: Yeah, I am not accustomed to this of social situation.

對,我不太習慣這種社交場合。

A: Don’t stand on ceremony! Make yourself at home.

別太拘束,就像在自己家中一樣。

第二, 地道表達

ill at ease

1. 解詞釋義

Ill at ease的意思是“不自在的”“不安的”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. I always feel ill at ease in a strange environment.

我在陌生環境總覺不自在。

e.g. Hanley seemed ill at ease when he first moved into the Director-General's office.

漢利剛搬進局長辦公室辦公時,似乎不太自然。

e.g. He was respectful without being ill at ease in the company of superior officers.

在上級軍官面前他流露出一種尊敬,但又不是故作卑下。

e.g. Gral Lagher was ill at ease and then abruptly frantic.

加拉赫愈聽愈不安,後來突然就象瘋了一樣。

第三,咬文嚼字

be accustomed to:習慣於……

e.g. I get accustomed to working inside the room of noise and excitement.

我習慣於在喧鬧的房間裏工作。

e.g. We gradually became accustomed to the various appliances in our new homes.

我們漸漸習慣了新家裏的各種設置。

stand on ceremony:講究客套,拘於禮節

e.g. Don’t stand on ceremony. Go around and introduce yourself to everyone.

別太拘謹。過去向大家做個自我介紹。

e.g. As we are old friends, it is totally unnecessary to stand on ceremony.

都是老朋友,大可不必如此客氣。

make yourself at home:別拘束,隨便

e.g. Come on, take off your things at once and make yourself at home.

來,把大衣脫掉,隨便坐坐。