當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(8)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(8)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.53W 次

My father was convinced the Taliban would hunt him down and kill him, but he again refused security from the police.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(8)
父親深信塔利班會追擊並殺害他,但他再一次婉拒警方提供隨身護衛的建議。

'If you go around with a lot of security the Taliban will use Kalashnikovs or suicide bombers and more people will be killed,' he said.

“如果你走到哪裏,身邊都帶着一大羣保安人員,塔利班就會採用突擊步槍或自殺式炸彈襲擊者發起攻擊,這隻會造成更多的死傷。”他說,

'At least I'll be killed alone.' Nor would he leave Swat.

“至少,我會是在隻身一人的情況下被殺害。”他也拒絕離開斯瓦特。

'Where can I go?' he asked my mother. 'I cannot leave the area.

“我還能去哪裏?”他問我的母親,“我不能離開這個地區。

I am president of the Global Peace Council, the spokesperson of the council of elders, the president of the Swat Association of Private Schools, director of my school and head of my family.'

我是環球和平議會的會長、長者議會的發言人、斯瓦特私校聯盟的會長、我自己學校的理事長,更是這個家的大家長。”

His only precaution was to change his routine.

他唯一採取的預防措施,就是讓他的行程變得不固定。

One day he would go to the primary school first, another day to the girls' school, the next day to the boys' school.

這一天他可能是先去小學部,另一天他去女子學校部,又一天他來到男子學校部。

I noticed wherever he went he would look up and down the street four or five times.

我注意到無論他走到哪裏,都會先張望街道四五次,然後纔會前行。

Despite the risks, my father and his friends continued to be very active, holding protests and press conferences.

除了這些風險之外,父親和他的朋友們仍舊十分活躍,不停地舉辦示威抗議活動與記者招待會。

'Why was Zahid Khan attacked if there's peace?

“如果局勢真的已經和平,爲什麼扎西德·汗會遭受攻擊?

Who attacked him?' they demanded.

是誰攻擊他的?”他們提出質疑,

'Since we've come back from being IDPs we haven't seen any attacks on army and police.

“自從我們脫離IDPS的身份之後,我們就沒有看到軍警人員受到任何攻擊。

The only targets now are peace-builders and civilians.'

現在遭受攻擊的,只有那些努力重建和平的人和一般的老百姓。”

The local army commander was not happy.

當地的軍方領導人不開心了。

'I tell you there are no terrorists in Mingora,' he insisted. 'Our reports say so.'

“我告訴你們,明戈拉不存在任何恐怖分子,”他堅持說,“我們的報告上就是這麼說的。”

He claimed that Zahid Khan had been shot because of a dispute over property.

他宣稱扎西德·汗是因爲與別人有了金錢上的紛爭,才被人槍擊的。

Zahid Khan was in hospital for twelve days then at home recuperating for a month after having plastic surgery to repair his nose.

扎西德·汗在醫院住了12天,做了一個重造鼻子的整容手術,術後在家休養了一個月。

But he refused to be silent.

即便如此,他仍堅持發表自己的觀點。