當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(2)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(2)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.46W 次

We ran around for a while in the green forest, then took some photographs and waded into the river and splashed each other with water.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(2)
我們在綠林裏奔跑了一陣,拍了些照片,然後在河裏玩耍,互相把水潑灑到彼此的身上。

The drops sparkled in the sun.

飛濺的水珠在陽光的照射下閃閃發亮。

There was a waterfall down the cliff and for a while we sat on the rocks and listened to it.

山崖下有一道瀑布。我們在大石頭上坐了一會兒,聆聽水聲。

Then Moniba started splashing me again.

後來莫妮巴又開始往我身上潑水。

'Don't! I don't want to get my clothes wet!' I pleaded.

“不要啦!我不想弄溼衣服!”我求饒了。

I walked off with two other girls she didn't like.

我跟着另外兩個她不喜歡的女孩子離開。

The other girls stirred things up, what we call 'putting masala on the situation'.

其他女孩們開始搬弄是非(我們稱之爲“添油加醋”),

It was a recipe for another argument between Moniba and me.

因此,莫妮巴又跟我吵了一架。

That put me in a bad mood, but I cheered up when we got to the top of the cliff, where lunch was being prepared.

這件事破壞了我的心情,但當我們登上山崖頂峯準備吃午餐時,我又開心起來。

Usman Bhai Jan, our driver, made us laugh as usual.

我們的司機烏斯曼大哥跟往常一樣,逗得我們歡笑連連。

Madam Maryam had brought her baby boy and Hannah, her two-year-old, who looked like a little doll but was full of mischief.

瑪麗安女士帶着她還是嬰兒的兒子和她的兩歲女兒漢娜——她長得像一尊漂亮的瓷娃娃,但非常喜歡惡作劇。

Lunch was a disaster.

午餐是一場災難。

When the school assistants put the pans on the fire to heat up the chicken curry, they panicked that there was not enough food for so many girls and added water from the stream.

當校務助理把平底鍋放到火上,試着加熱雞肉咖喱時,忽然擔心起他們帶來的食物可能不夠這麼多人吃。於是,他們從小溪中取了些水加進去。

We said it was 'the worst lunch ever'.

我們說這是“史上最糟糕的一頓午餐”。

It was so watery that one girl said, 'The sky could be seen in the soupy curry.'

咖喱煮得太稀了,一個女孩說:“我可以在湯咖喱上看到天空的倒影!”

Like on all our trips my father got us all to stand on a rock and talk about our impressions of the day before we left.

就像我們每次的旅行一樣,在我們準備動身離去之前,父親讓我們站在一塊大石頭上,分享這一整天的行程所帶來的感想。

This time all anyone talked about was how bad the food was.

這次,衆口一詞,所有人的話題都是食物難以下嚥。

My father was embarrassed and for once, short of words.

父親覺得很不好意思,一句話都說不出口。