當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(3)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(3)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.89W 次

The next morning a school worker came with milk, bread and eggs to our house for our breakfast.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第19章:祕密的塔利班組織(3)
第二天早上,一名學校的員工拿了牛奶、麪包和雞蛋到我家,那是我們的早餐。

My father always answered the door as women must stay inside.

因爲女性被規定不應拋頭露面,所以總是由我父親去應門。

The man told him the shopkeeper had given him a photocopied letter.

那個男人告訴他,商店的老闆有一封影印的信件要給他。

When my father read it, he went pale.

父親讀過信之後,臉色變得蒼白。

'By God, this is terrible propaganda against our school!'

“天啊,這是一份針對我們學校的可怕污衊!”

he told my mother. He read it out.

他這樣告訴母親,並將內容大聲唸了出來。

Dear Muslim brothers

親愛的穆斯林弟兄:

and is a centre of vulgarity and obscenity.

有一所學校,胡沙爾學校,是由一個非政府組織經營的,(在巴基斯坦,非政府組織(NGO)在信衆之間的名聲非常糟糕,因此這種說法很容易激起民衆的怒火的。)它充滿了各種低劣與猥瑣。

It is a Hadith of the Holy Prophet that if you see something bad or evil you should stop it with your own hand.

神聖先知的《聖訓》中提到,如果你看見任何不堪或邪惡的事情,應該用自己的雙手去阻止它。

If you are unable to do that then you should tell others about it, and if you can't do that you should think about how bad it is in your heart.

如果你沒有辦法這麼做,那麼你就應該告訴其他人這件事情;就算你沒有辦法這麼做,你也應該在心裏衡量它究竟有多不堪。

I have no personal quarrel with the principal but I am telling you what Islam says.

我跟這所學校的經營者沒有任何個人恩怨,但我要告訴你們伊斯蘭教義告訴了我們些什麼。

This school is a centre of vulgarity and obscenity and they take girls for picnics to different resorts.

這所學校裏充斥着各種低劣與猥瑣,他們帶着女孩們到各個不同的度假勝地去野餐。

If you don't stop it you will have to answer to God on Doomsday.

如果你不設法阻止它,在末日來臨之時,你就要親自接受真主的訊問。

Go and ask the manager of the White Palace Hotel and he will tell you what these girls did...

去吧,去問白宮飯店的經理,他會告訴你這些女孩做了些什麼好事……

He put down the piece of paper. 'It has no signature. Anonymous.'

他把那張紙放下。“上面沒有任何署名。是一封匿名信。”

We sat stunned.

我們坐下,呆若木雞。

'They know no one will ask the manager,' said my father. 'People will just imagine something terrible went on.'

“他們知道沒有人會真的去問經理,”父親說,“人們只會在腦海裏想象揣測發生過什麼可怕的事情。”

'We know what happened there. The girls did nothing bad,' my mother reassured him.

“我們知道當時的情況。女孩們沒做任何壞事。”母親再三向他保證。