當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場英文口語 第252期:裁員(3)

職場英文口語 第252期:裁員(3)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.9K 次

Why? What are you in the way of?No Anna.

職場英文口語 第252期:裁員(3)
爲什麼?你擋什麼道了?不,安娜。

To step aside is a polite way of saying to leave your position in the company.

To step aside是離開公司職位的禮貌說法。

Oh. I don't understand Paul. Why?

我不明白,保羅,爲什麼啊?

He says the company needs new direction and more dynamic leadership.

他說公司應有新方向及強有力的領導。

Crumbs Paul, you can't get more dynamic than you!

哎呀,保羅,沒人能比你更有活力了!

Tom!But Paul, you've been a great ks Anna.

湯姆!可是保羅,你是個好老闆。謝謝,安娜。

I guess it's the economic climate, we're not making enough money so cutting staff is inevitable.

我想是因爲經濟不景氣,我們賺不到足夠多的錢,所以裁員不可避免。

Yeah but you cut Denise's job.

沒錯,可你把丹尼斯辭退了啊。

Yes but we had to get her back because she was necessary for the smooth running of the department.

是的,但我們不得不讓她回來,因爲她對公司正常運作很必要。

That's Mr Socrates says I'm 'surplus to requirement', that doesn't sound good… does it?

沒錯。但蘇格拉底先生還說我很多餘。聽起來不是很好,是嗎?

If Paul's job is 'surplus to requirement', it means his input to the business is no longer needed.

如果保羅是surplus to requirement,就是說不再需要保羅工作的意思。