當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第4節

名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第4節

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.1W 次

"We must go, " said Sir John. --"It shall not be put off when we are so near it. You cannot go to town till tomorrow, Brandon, that is all. "

名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第4節

“我們一定要去,”約翰爵士說,“事到如今,不能推延啦。布蘭登,你可以等到明天再進城,就這麼定啦。”

"I wish it could be so easily settled. But it is not in my power to delay my journey for one day!"

“我但願能這麼容易就定下來。可是我無權推遲行期,哪怕一天也不行!”

"If you would but let us know what your business is, " said Mrs. Jennings, "we might see whether it could be put off or not. "

“你只要告訴我們你有什麼事,”詹寧斯太太說,“我們也好評評能不能推遲。”

"You would not be six hours later, " said Willoughby, "if you were to defer your journey till our return. "

“你要是等到我們回來再進城,”威洛比說,“你頂多晚走六個小時。”

"I cannot afford to lose ONE hour. "

“我一個小時也耽擱不得。"

Elinor then heard Willoughby say, in a low voice to Marianne, "There are some people who cannot bear a party of pleasure. Brandon is one of them. He was afraid of catching cold I dare say, and invented this trick for getting out of it. I would lay fifty guineas the letter was of his own writing. "

這時,埃麗諾聽見威洛比低聲對瑪麗安說:“有些人總是不肯與大夥兒一塊玩樂。布蘭登就是其中的一個。我敢肯定,他害怕感冒,於是就耍了這個金蟬脫殼之計。我願拿五十個幾尼打賭,那封信是他自己寫的。”

"I have no doubt of it, " replied Marianne.
  
“對此我毫不懷疑,”瑪麗安應道。

轉載請註明出處。

y v. 耽擱,推遲,延誤

Our plane was delayed by fog.
我們的飛機因大霧而誤點了。

r vt. 延期,緩召,把 ... 委託給他人

I shall defer replying till I hear from home.
我將等接到家信以後再給你答覆。

v. 忍受

I can't bear having a cat in the house.
家中養貓我受不了。

k n. 詭計,欺詐,把戲,訣竅

These children loved playing tricks on their teacher.
孩子們喜歡捉弄老師。

ea n. 幾內亞 n. 英國往昔的金幣

1."We must go, " said Sir John. --"It shall not be put off when we are so near it. You cannot go to town till tomorrow, Brandon, that is all. "

【句子翻譯】“我們一定要去,”約翰爵士說,“事到如今,不能推延啦。布蘭登,你可以等到明天再進城,就這麼定啦。”

【難句解析】put off “推遲”;

She keeps putting off going to the dentist.
她老是拖延著不去看牙病。

2."I wish it could be so easily settled. But it is not in my power to delay my journey for one day!"

【句子翻譯】“我但願能這麼容易就定下來。可是我無權推遲行期,哪怕一天也不行!”

【難句解析】settle“安定,安頓,確定下來”;in one's power“在某人的掌握之中”;

I sincerely hope that you will settle the matter to your mutual satisfaction.
我衷心希望.你們將這件事情解決至雙方都滿意.

It is not in my power to do that.
做那事非我力所能及。

I will do everything in my power to assist you.
我會盡全力協助你。

3."I cannot afford to lose ONE hour. "

【難句解析】“我一個小時也耽擱不得。"

【句子翻譯】afford to“付得起,能承擔”;

We can afford to overlook minor offences.
我們可以不計較小過。

You can ill afford to criticize others when you behave so badly yourself.
本身行爲不正,則不宜批評別人。

was afraid of catching cold I dare say, and invented this trick for getting out of it. I would lay fifty guineas the letter was of his own writing.

【難句解析】我敢肯定,他害怕感冒,於是就耍了這個金蟬脫殼之計。我願拿五十個幾尼打賭,那封信是他自己寫的。

【句子翻譯】I dare say“我敢說”;get out of sth.“擺脫某事”;

I dare say he will arrive tonight.
我想他今晚會到達。

She'll need luck to get out of a tight corner like that.
她要靠運氣才能擺脫那樣的困境。