當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第2節

名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第2節

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.67K 次

"I hope he has had no bad news, " said Lady Middleton. "It must be something extraordinary that could make Colonel Brandon leave my breakfast table so suddenly. "

名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第2節

“但願他沒有收到壞消息,”米德爾頓夫人說。“一定有要緊的事,不然布蘭登上校不會這麼突然離開我的飯桌。”

In about five minutes he returned.

大約過了五分鐘,他又回來了。

"No bad news, Colonel, I hope;" said Mrs. Jennings, as soon as he entered the room.

“上校,我想沒有壞消息吧,”他剛走進房裏,詹寧斯太太便說道。

"None at all, ma'am, I thank you. "

“絕對沒有,太太,謝謝你。”

"Was it from Avignon? I hope it is not to say that your sister is worse. "

“是從阿維尼翁寄來的吧?但願信裏別說你妹妹病勢加重了。”

"No, ma'am. It came from town, and is merely a letter of business. "

“沒說,太太。信是從城裏寄來的,只是一封公函。”

"But how came the hand to discompose you so much, if it was only a letter of business? Come, come, this won't do, Colonel; so let us hear the truth of it. "

“倘若只是一封公函,怎麼能使你這麼心煩意亂呢?得了,得了,這不可能。上校,把事情的真相說出來吧。”

"My dear madam, " said Lady Middleton, "recollect what you are saying. "

“我的好媽媽,”米德爾頓夫人說,“看你說些啥呀。”

"Perhaps it is to tell you that your cousin Fanny is married?" said Mrs. Jennings, without attending to her daughter's reproof.

“也許是告訴你,你的表妹要出嫁啦?”詹寧斯太太說,對女兒的責備置若罔聞。

"No, indeed, it is not. "

“不,真的不是那回事兒。”

轉載請註明出處。

aordinary adj. 非凡的,特別的,特派的

She wears the most extraordinary get-ups.
她穿著最不尋常的衣裳。

He married a girl of extraordinary beauty.
他娶了一位非常美麗的姑娘。

enly['sʌdnli] adv. 突然地

All sorts of problems assailed us suddenly.
我們突然遇到各種各樣的難題。

ly['miəli] adv. 僅僅,只不過

Pretending to faint was merely an artifice.
假裝昏迷只不過是個詭計。

I merely suggest you should do it again.
我只是建議你重新做這件事。

ompose[əm'pəuz] vt. 使不安,使煩亂,使煩惱

The grin of his friend discompose Jack when he tried to make his speech.
傑克想要講演時,他的朋友裂着嘴笑,使他心裏很慌亂。

llect[ə'lekt] v. 回憶,回想,憶起

I am wondering whether perhaps you can recollect where you get it?
不知您是否回憶得起,您是哪兒弄到它的?

Do you recollect her name?
你記得她的名字嗎?

oof[ri'pru:f] n. 斥責,責備

You can scarcely expect to escape reproof for such irresponsible behavior.
你這樣不負責任的行爲,不能不受到責備。

Impatient of reproof, he left his parents and went away.
忍受不了責難,他離開父母出走了。

1."I hope he has had no bad news, " said Lady Middleton.

【句子翻譯】“但願他沒有收到壞消息,”米德爾頓夫人說。

【難句解析】hope"希望",表示可以實現的希望;

知識點擴展:hope與wish的區別

*hope用作動詞時,後面可接不定式或that從句,但不能接“賓語+不定式”。如:

①We hope to see you again.(= We hope we can see you again.) 我希望能再次見到你。

②I hope you can help me with my maths. 希望你能幫助我學數學。 (不能說 I hope you to help me with my maths.)

*wish後面接不定式或“賓語+不定式”都可以,其意義相當於“想要”,“希望”(=would like或want)。wish接 that從句時一般表示某種強烈而又難以實現的“願望”,而hope表示的是可以實現或能達到的“希望”。例如:

①I wish to place an order right now. 我想馬上訂購。

②I wish him to make progress. 我希望他取得進步。

③I wish I could fly like a bird. 但願我能象鳥一樣飛。(從句中的could表示其動作不可能實現,不能用can。)

④I hope he can do that. 我希望他能幹那件事。(本句表示有可能實現的一種希望,can不能用could代替。)

*wish可表示良好的“祝願”,後面接“賓語+賓補(形容詞或名詞)。而hope不能這樣用。如:

①I wish you happy.祝你幸福。(不用hope) ②I wish you a pleasant journey.祝你旅途愉快。(不用hope)

*在簡略句中,如要表示希望某事不會發生時,應說I hope not,而不說 I don"t hope so。

wish和hope都表示“想”“希望”,賓語可爲to +動詞原型,不可是動詞的ing形式。

I hope (wish) to visit Guilin .

2."No bad news, Colonel, I hope;" said Mrs. Jennings, as soon as he entered the room.

【句子翻譯】“上校,我想沒有壞消息吧,”他剛走進房裏,詹寧斯太太便說道。

【難句解析】as soon as“一...就...”;

I'll write you as soon as I get there.
我一到那兒,就給你寫信。

I arranged the flowers in the vase as soon as I came back home.
一回到家裏,我就把花在花瓶裏插好。

3."Perhaps it is to tell you that your cousin Fanny is married?" said Mrs. Jennings, without attending to her daughter's reproof.

【難句解析】“也許是告訴你,你的表妹要出嫁啦?”詹寧斯太太說,對女兒的責備置若罔聞。

【句子翻譯】without attening...是現在分詞做伴隨狀語,表示主語ings在said時的伴隨動作或狀態;attend to“關心,注意”;

Attend to your work and stop talking.
專心工作,不要說話。

Could you attend to (ie deal with) this matter immediately?
你能不能立刻處理這件事?

I have my business to attend to.
我有事要料理。