當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第3節

名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第3節

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.06W 次

"Well, then, I know who it is from, Colonel. And I hope she is well. "

名著精讀《理智與情感》第13章 第3節

“噢,那麼,我知道是誰寄來的了。上校,但願她安然無恙。”

"Whom do you mean, ma'am?" said he, colouring a little.

“你這是說誰呀,太太?”上校問道,臉色有點發紅。

"Oh! you know who I mean. "

“哦!你知道我說誰。”

"I am particularly sorry, ma'am, " said he, addressing Lady Middleton, "that I should receive this letter today, for it is on business which requires my immediate attendance in town. "

“我非常抱歉,夫人,”上校對米德爾頓夫人說,“今天竟然收到這封信。這是封公函,要我馬上到城裏去。”

"In town!" cried Mrs. Jennings. "What can you have to do in town at this time of year?"

“到城裏去!”詹寧斯太太大聲嚷道,“在這個時節,你到城裏會有什麼貴幹?”

"My own loss is great, " he continued, "in being obliged to leave so agreeable a party; but I am the more concerned, as I fear my presence is necessary to gain your admittance at Whitwell. "

“我們大家如此合得來,”上校接着說,“離開你們真是我的莫大損失。而使我感到更加不安的是:你們要進惠特韋爾,恐怕需要我親自引見才行。”

What a blow upon them all was this!

這對衆人是當頭一擊:

"But if you write a note to the housekeeper, Mr. Brandon, " said Marianne, eagerly, "will it not be sufficient?"

“布蘭登先生,你要是給女管家寫個條子,”瑪麗安性急地說道,“這還不行嗎?”

He shook his head.

上校搖搖頭。

轉載請註明出處。

ur vi. 染色,臉紅

The leaves have started to colour; it will soon be winter.
樹葉已開始變色,很快就是冬天了。

icularly adv. 特別,尤其

The instrumentation is particularly fine.
這首器樂曲編得特別細緻。

ndance n. 出席,出席人數,出席率

At Easter, attendances at church rose.
復活節期間,到教堂做禮拜的人多了。

eable adj. 愉快的,和藹可親的,欣然同意的,一致的

He is an agreeable fellow, but likes to blow his own horn.
他是一個隨和的人,但就是喜歡自吹自擂。

erned adj. 擔憂的,關心的

We are all concerned about his health.
我們都非常關心他的健康。

ence n. 出席,到場,存在

She was so quiet that her presence was hardly noticed.
她那麼安靜,幾乎沒有人注意到她在這裏。

ttance n. 入場權,准入

There is no admittance without a pass.
無通行證者不得入內。

n. 吹,打擊,毆打

It was a great blow to her when her mother died.
她母親去世對她是個沉重的打擊。

icient adj. 足夠的,充分的

The money I have saved is sufficient for buying a car.
我所存的錢足以買一輛汽車。

1."I am particularly sorry, ma'am, " said he, addressing Lady Middleton, "that I should receive this letter today, for it is on business which requires my immediate attendance in town. "

【句子翻譯】“我非常抱歉,夫人,”上校對米德爾頓夫人說,“今天竟然收到這封信。這是封公函,要我馬上到城裏去。”

【難句解析】on business“公事”;

I generally try to take in a show when I'm in New York on business.
我到紐約公幹時常順便看場演出。

I will go on business either this week or next week.
我將在這星期或下星期出差。

2."My own loss is great, " he continued, "in being obliged to leave so agreeable a party; but I am the more concerned, as I fear my presence is necessary to gain your admittance at Whitwell. "

【句子翻譯】“我們大家如此合得來,”上校接着說,“離開你們真是我的莫大損失。而使我感到更加不安的是:你們要進惠特韋爾,恐怕需要我親自引見才行。”

【難句解析】be obliged to “被迫做”;

If you do not drive carefully, I shall be obliged to deprive you of your licence.
如果您不謹慎駕駛,我將不得不沒收您的執照。

We were obliged to be more strict with them.
我們只好對他們再嚴一些。